Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Forum I'm Apart Of Has Been Exploited

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dreads

Dreads

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:24 AM

Don't know if this is the place for it.

The forum has been hacked/infected, it gives members the sploit[1].anr and another one which I can't remember off hand it had the same .anr though. I'm not a admin or anything here so what I can do is limited but i'm trying to help out the best I can, these files are easy to get off a computer but I want to know where they are rooted in the forum so we can delete the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:14 PM

The forum has been hacked/infected

I can asure you and all other members that this forum is not infected nor has it been hacked. Not sure what you mean by "it gives members the sploit[1]" so your going to have to be more specific about that.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Dreads

Dreads
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:26 PM

A forum THAT I AM APART OF, not this one ;). This forum is ok as far as I know, but the other forum that i'm apart of isn't so much. I believe that me and a few other members have got sploit[1].anr this little file is a Trojan to the best of my knowledge...This happens everytime we click a link to take us to another part of the forum (we get a pop up saying that we have been infected with sploit[1].anr) now i'm not concerned with the infection because I can take care of that, I want to know of any known ways this is able to get on a forum. Again sorry for the confusion I don't mean this forum, I mean another forum i'm apart of

#4 Dreads

Dreads
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:47 AM

The Forum is an Invision Power Board version 1.3, it's been taken down and they are attempting to repair it, the virus as far I have come up with is a Trojan Downloader.Exploit, and as I said it gives people who came and clicked on a link in the forum the sploit[1].anr

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:27 AM

Id be more than happy to help your admins clean it up but i think the best thing would be for them to contact me directly instead of going through you. Not that your not being helpful, but it would be easier if I went direct :thumbsup:

#6 Dreads

Dreads
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:52 AM

Id be more than happy to help your admins clean it up but i think the best thing would be for them to contact me directly instead of going through you. Not that your not being helpful, but it would be easier if I went direct :thumbsup:

in that case can I get your email/AIM/any messenger name so I can relay the info too them...don't know if they will be talking much as the admin is always away doing something, but it is worth a shot, and thanks for your assistance

EDIT: I've redirected the admin here, so he may or may not come in and explain with more detail the issue

Edited by Dreads, 24 October 2006 - 11:57 AM.

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:03 PM

Not a problem...I would be happy to help in any capacity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users