Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stop C000212a Fatal System Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nickynoodle

nickynoodle

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:17 AM

My computer became infected with brave security i believe. i purchased Spycathcher 2006 and was unsure if I was able to download the entire software program because it stated I had a component missing under the administrative account. I was able to download the program and access it under the other user on my computer. It actually began a deep scan but the computer froze after 1 hour and 20 minutes with nothing detected. when i try to start my computer the error the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of OXC0000005 The system has shut down. I am able to logon under safe mode and when i go to task manager the following processes are listed

Explorer.exe
iexplore.exe
userinit.exe
svchost.exe
Isass.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
System
System Idle Process

Is there a way for me to run the spycathcher,if i try to run it under safe mode it states that i need internet access.I have Windows XP, internet access thru my cable provider,and I also do not have anything that needs to be saved on this computer,just of few of my sons homework papers. i do have the disk that originally came with this computers for Windows.I am using a different computer(work) to send this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:03 AM

Have you thought of trying System Restore?
Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/Systems Tools/System Restore.
Check the radio button to "restore your computer to an earlier time",then you will get a screen with highlighted dates,where you will choose one when your computer was behaving in a better manner.
Just remember,you will lose all the d/l's etc from that date up to todays date.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users