Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ti-83

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:38 PM

Have any of you had any experience programming these darn things...

Looking throught websites i am pretty sure it uses BASIC but I am not sure...

Does anyone have a good websites so I program this think to do my math exam for me :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:09 PM

Do these help.. Any particular math

Texas Instruments Page
http://education.ti.com/educationportal/si...l/us_ti83p.html
Using TI 83
http://www.prenhall.com/divisions/esm/app/graphing/ti83/
TI 83 Support
http://www.howardcc.edu/math/calculator/ti83frame.htm
Pre Calc Tutorial
http://www.titutorials.com/algb83/mainpage.htm
TI-83 plus graphing calculators and data collection devices in secondary mathematics.
http://www.escweb.net/math/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:19 PM

Yeah, i've had some experience putting programs on there. I've done a lot of programs to help me calculate things like magnetic field, energy field, logarithms, etc. I also wrote a lot of games like solitaire, poker, and blackjack.... they're really basic, but they keep me entertained. If you want to see something really cool, open a new program and call it "WAVES", then:

:ClrHome:ClrDraw
:Lbl 1
:Disp "VUOUVYTYVUOUVYTY"
:Disp "UOUVYTYVUOUVYTYV"
:Disp "OUVYTYVUOUVYTYVU"
:Disp "UVYTYVUOUVYTYVUO"
:Disp "VYTYVUOUVYTYVUOU"
:Disp "YTYVUOUVYTYVUOUV"
:Disp "TYVUOUVYTYVUOUVY"
:Disp "YVUOUVYTYVUOUVYT"
:Goto 1
To make it clear, the pattern above is V U O U V Y T Y repeated, but it sort of "cycles through" the letters. Put that in your TI-83, then execute, and you have a cool thing to watch for a while :thumbsup:

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 20 October 2006 - 03:20 PM.

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2006 - 05:14 PM

Thanks I will take a look at those sites.

Thanks that should keep me enternainted for a few hours during study period :thumbsup:

As for math we are doing Algebra but I also use this calculator in physics class (I can write my notes into it :flowers:)

Edited by Klinkaroo, 20 October 2006 - 05:55 PM.

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:38 AM

I know exactly how you feel klink.

You can open up a new program and call it "physics" or something, or open up the graph, turn the axes off, and use the DRAW TEXT ability to write notes and formulas. I have like 6 pictures saved of important formulas and relations for my physics 208 class :thumbsup:

Disclaimer: Heretic Monkey in no way endorses the use of technology for cheating. The views and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the same as NCSU or their affiliates.

#6 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:39 PM

Lol, I like the disclaimer :thumbsup:

#7 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:57 PM

Hehe, ah yes! Where my programming years first began!

I've done a lot of programs to help me calculate things like magnetic field, energy field, logarithms, etc. I also wrote a lot of games like solitaire, poker, and blackjack.... they're really basic, but they keep me entertained. If you want to see something really cool, open a new program and call it "WAVES", then:

http://yanowhiz.googlepages.com/programs

Almost all the programs found on that one there first started out on my TI-83. :thumbsup:

This program provides with an easy to use interface for computing: the circumference and area of a circle from on the radius, the sine, consine, and tangent of any degree or angle, the exact date for Easter with only the year number inputed by the user, compute if a year is a leap year or not, compute the surface area and volume of any N-gon regular prism, compute the surface area and volume of any N-gon base regular pyramid, compute the volume and surface area of a sphere.

Edited by yano, 21 October 2006 - 09:57 PM.

#8 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:14 PM

Thanks, that's a nice handy program. Going to keep it if you don't mind for when I am aloud to actually bring my laptop de class...

#9 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:19 AM

Here is a sample of a program I have on my TI-83.

PROGRAM:CYLINDER
:DISP "ENTER RADIUS":DISP "AND HEIGHT"
:Prompt R,H
:#*R^2*H.V
:2*#*R*H>B
:R^2*2*#>E
:B+E>A
:DISP "VOLUME":DISP V
:DISP "TOTAL SA":DISP A

The # sign represents pi., and the > represents the arrow or (store) button. Simply put this program outputs the Volume and Total Surface Area with only the Radius and Height required for a cylinder. I got my TI-83 and I might create a page on my website with some programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users