Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Your Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cagedmonkey

cagedmonkey

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:24 PM

I'm here because I'm having some huge issues with my computer. I turned it on monday morning and just got slammed with spyware, malware, viruses, you name it. I've ran adaware, spybot, windows defender, avg, etc. I seem to have gotten rid of the spyware but the malware is still there and the only way I can get into my computer is thru safe mode. I've heard of a thing called HiJackthis and was wondering what it was about and what I need to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:37 PM

For information about HJT, please consult this Tutorial, especially the introduction:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-hijackthis/
Unless you really know what you are doing, I would certainly suggest that you run a HJT log and submit it to our volunteer team of experts. They will review your log for malware, and then work with you to get rid of whatever they find. Please read and carefully the PreparationGuide which will give you complete instructions for submitting a log here at BC: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ Regards, John...

Edited by jgweed, 19 October 2006 - 07:42 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 cagedmonkey

cagedmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:54 PM

Ok, cool. I will do all of that when I get home tonight!! Thanks so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users