Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Car Dealer Website

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 todoutah

todoutah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:18 PM

To develop a webpage that allows me to load pictures and description of cars on our own website?

We are a car dealer actually subscribed with a car search engine
but want to create similar page on our website. We take pictures and load together with info of our vvehicles in a simple way to the seach site and want to create similar page for own website.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:05 AM

Without knowing anything about what the website looks like, what your skill levels may be, what your hosting requirements are, platform, etc., it is possible to create a dynamically generated web page that will suit your needs (and should be able to do it rather simply). You don't want to hard code a web page because then you will be constantly revising it.

I could chat a little more about this, but I have to run. If you have some more specifics, I would be glad to help.

#3 todoutah

todoutah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:48 AM

Thank you for the response...
I do web design, know only html, javascript and flash. I am learning php until now.
We host with godaddy.com
An auto generated page is what we are looking for, how can we talk furtrher?

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:31 PM

Feel free to drop me a PM.

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:50 AM

Definitely a PHP, or other dynamic language, is the way to go. Whether it be PHP, ASP, java, ruby, etc you need something where you can have a template that pulls information from a database and inserts it into the template. This information could be the url to the image, make and model, etc.

#6 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:23 PM

I have to look at where the program/script is, but there is something that is specifically designed for car dealers. I've downloaded it myself. I'll look for it and I'll post it back here.

That's weird.. my client/partner told me 2 weeks ago that he bought a lot with a building on it, and it used to be a car lot, and he's going to do the same thing on that property, and he asked me about designing a car dealership website, and I told him that I already have the software.

Just for the record.... there are scripts/software out there designed for specific occupations,, like real estate, car selling, video selling/rentals, computers and parts,, etc. all catered to just those particular things.

Walkman
One Man's Opinion

#7 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:55 PM

todoutah,

Here is a link to a FREE php/MySQL version of the Auto Dealer Website. I'm not sure if it's the version or same one I was talking about, but just downloaded it, and I'm definitely going to be using this one.

http://car-dealer-website.org/

[UPDATE] I've installed it and ran it. Nahhh. Too bare. You would have to litterally build around it. I've been using osCommerce for over 1 year now, and it's FREE and fully loaded, and it is probably the best shopping cart out there. You can easily cater it to vehicles, or anything else.

Guess who uses the osCommerce FREE software, and have been since it came out? ............ Google. But you would never know.

Also, the osCommerce has literally hundreds of contribs (addons), that you can install in your store.

That software/web site is so popular, right at this very moment they have

13,803,602 links throughout the Internet ..... and
625,000 links in Google alone.

I've done research on 100 of the top shopping cart softwares (free and paid versions), and not one of them come as close as the popularity as the osCommerce, nor the flexibility.

TIP: By joining their forum you'll get the advantage big time, because in your signatures and your posts, you can have links, and since Google has them listed at over half a million links, you'll boost your chances of being indexed in Google much quicker. I've done it, and the more you post, the more times you'll expose your links.

But get the osCommerce here:
http://www.oscommerce.com

Edited by Walkman, 31 October 2006 - 09:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users