What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have you performed any scans in "SAFE MODE
If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
in "SAFE MODE
(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware). Be sure to print out the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions and read the User Manual. Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware
Free for Home UsersNote: If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.
Download Sysclean Package
& save it to your desktop.
1. Create a new folder on drive "C:\" ("C:\New Folder") and rename it Sysclean
2. Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
3. Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files (lptXXX.zip).
4. Extract the lptXXX.zip
pattern file into the same folder you created for sysclean.com.
5. Close all open applications and DISABLE
your current anti-virus software. Some anti-virus programs such as Avast will alert you to a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them first.
6. Reboot into "SAFE MODE
7. Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com
8. It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
9. Exit when done and re-enable your anti-virus program.Note: When using Sysclean its best to use the Administrator's account or an account with Administrative rights otherwise you will not have the rights to scan some locations resulting in Access is denied log entries.
If you have problems with your Internet Connection then download these programs from another computer and save to a USB stick or CD so you can transfer to the infected computer.
Edited by quietman7, 19 October 2006 - 07:03 PM.