Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti Spyware Requirements

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nickynoodle

nickynoodle

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:05 AM

I purchased Spycathcher 2006 at a store and the program requires internet connection for automatic updates. My computer is infected and I am unable to get a connection. I have road runner high speed internet but can never get to the home page before I have various messages and finally a blank screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Messages include ggees, time expired

Edited by nickynoodle, 19 October 2006 - 10:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:58 AM

Hi nickynoodle and Welcome to Bleeping Computer,
It's not quite clear exactly what kind of messages you're getting.
Are they Pop ups advertising antispyware type messages or do you get a blue screen with Windows error messages?
You are only having problems getting on line when trying to install this new software?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 nickynoodle

nickynoodle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:25 AM

Heres a list of some of the messages I am getting
*The windows logon stem process terminated unexpectedly The system has shut down
*Windows cannot open the file 1.tmg
*ifbxg.exe has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.

I believe I have successfully downloaded the anti spyware program under the safe mode on my computer.I was able to go thru the installation wizard,but was not able to go in the configuration wizard. I hope that once I get the computer home(laptop) I will be able to get online and complete the scan. Any suggestions would be helpful

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:02 PM

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using and when was the last time you ran a scan? Have you performed any scans in "SAFE MODE"?

If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 in "SAFE MODE".
(This is Ewdio 4.0 renamed. If you already have Ewido installed, please update to this version which has a special "clean driver" for removing persistent malware). Be sure to print out the AVG Anti-Spyware Install-Scan Instructions and read the User Manual.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users
Note: If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.

Download Sysclean Package& save it to your desktop.
1. Create a new folder on drive "C:\" ("C:\New Folder") and rename it Sysclean.
2. Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
3. Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files (lptXXX.zip).
4. Extract the lptXXX.zip pattern file into the same folder you created for sysclean.com.
5. Close all open applications and DISABLE your current anti-virus software. Some anti-virus programs such as Avast will alert you to a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them first.
6. Reboot into "SAFE MODE".
7. Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com to run.
8. It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
9. Exit when done and re-enable your anti-virus program.

Note: When using Sysclean its best to use the Administrator's account or an account with Administrative rights otherwise you will not have the rights to scan some locations resulting in Access is denied log entries.

If you have problems with your Internet Connection then download these programs from another computer and save to a USB stick or CD so you can transfer to the infected computer.

Edited by quietman7, 19 October 2006 - 07:03 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users