Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello Everybody

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ClayTaurus

ClayTaurus

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:46 PM

Just stopping here on my way to the Help Me posts to get some pointers. I'm always on the hunt for new places to hang out and new friends, so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone here.

A short bio:
I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
I work in a pawn shop.
I used to run a website, but it was just a "learning thing". I couldn't find anything I really wanted to use as content so I shut it down. Maybe hanging out here will give me some kind of direction to rekindle an old hobby.

Thanks ahead of time to any replies to my questions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:08 PM

Hello, ClayTaurus.
Used to live in Lake Charles myself, for 30 some odd years.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:41 PM

Welcome to this great user community!
I am sure you will find more than enough firewood and tinder here.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 22 October 2006 - 09:55 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 ClayTaurus

ClayTaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for the welcome, folks.

tq911

Were you here for Rita, or been back since? She just about doubled the population and completely changed the feel of the town. I'm still trying to figure out if for the better or not.

Cheers,
C

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:53 PM

I was up in the Kinder area when Rita hit.
I go to Lake Charles fairly often, as my parents, and sister, live there.
Noticed several changes, and like you said, "..... still trying to figure out if for the better or not."
Have noticed more blue roofs, though. :thumbsup:
Thankfully, most of those are starting to disappear.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#6 ClayTaurus

ClayTaurus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:26 PM

Kinder, eh? My apologies for your situation, brah. :-)

I work with a girl with family in Kinder, and she goes to some bar there all the time. She keeps trying to talk me into going. The name is Sam's or Bob's or Fred's, something along that nature. Sounds like a hoot and a half.

Stop by Chad's Pawn Shop and see us next time you get the chance. I'm the shortish dude with the deep voice.

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:19 PM

Kinder, eh? My apologies for your situation, brah. :-)

Made the move on purpose.
Too many nuts running around Lake Charles, without their leashes on. :thumbsup:

she goes to some bar there all the time. She keeps trying to talk me into going.

That's either Cowboy's, or Slim's.
They're the only two in town.

Might stop in and see you, the next time I'm in LC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users