Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iphsend.exe Unable To Locate Component

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marvin1132

Marvin1132

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:43 PM

I deleted AOL because too invasive. On start up of computer get message.
IPHSend.exe unable to locate component.

This application has failed to start because xprt5.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application
may fix the problem.

I press enter and passes the warning and computer works fine. Realize xprt5.dll is from AOL. How do I get IPHSend.exe to stop recognizing xprt5.dll. Have Registry Fix and have run it but still occurs each time I turn computer on. Very annoying.

Thanks Marvin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

My initial thought after looking up what IPHSend.exe is here, and seeing that the .exe has a location you can delete it. The location according to the Bleeping Computer Startup Database is C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\IPHSend\

Be (AOHell) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:05 PM

First of all, discontinue using anything that alters or deletes anything from the registry unless you are literate in writing to the registry.
These third party "registry cleaners" when used by someone who does not know exactly what should or should not be altered or deleted have hosed more systems than can be counted!

The only one that is a little different is the one included in the Windows One Care Free Scan because it was written by Microsoft for XP.

How did you delete AOL?
Part of it is still active because IPHSend.exe is a component of it and something is still trying to evoke it.

THIS IS A STARTUP PROGRAM AND NOT A TASK MANAGER PROCESS ITEM
Name IPHSend
Command IPHSend.exe
Status N
Description Related to AOL Software. This is a non-essential program, but should not be terminated if not suspected to cause problem.
Note: located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\IPHSend\
http://www.castlecops.com/s12991-IPHSend.html

It is a startup menu item, so lets see if you can disable ity (and anything else related to AOL) in your startup menu.

To manage the start menu I recommend Startup Inspector which better identifies the programs associated with the startup menu entries than does msconfig, the Windows utility. It is freeware and can be downloaded here:

Startup Inspector – freeware (manages startup menu – helps you identify aps in the startup menu so you can disable unnecessary programs from running in the background when they are not needed)
And
Startup Monitor (a small freeware ap available on the same page to notify you and require your permission for any program to add itself to your startup menu)

http://www.windowsstartup.com/download.php

Once you disable all AOL entries in the startup menu open add/remove programs in your control panel and see if any AOL components are listed there. If there are any, use this utility to delete them.

Once you complete that, reboot and do the following on-line scan:

Windows One Care Free Scan

Go to Windows Live Onecare Free Scan
It will say "Get a free PC safety scan"
http://safety.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Make sure you click "Full Service Scan" in the middle of the page and
not the "Try It Now Free" on the right side.

Allow it to download an Active X component.
Choose "Complete Scan" in the window that opens
Click "Next"
Do not click on anything else that offers you a free trial or to sign up if you live in the US.

Allow it to scan - it may take quite a while, maybe two hours or so depending on how big your hard drive is and how fragmented your registry and drive are.

Edited by Enthusiast, 18 October 2006 - 07:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users