Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic Updates

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 hilld84

hilld84

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:41 PM

Firstly, regarding my previous post, I seem to have resolved it by downloading and running a program called look2Me, not sure what it did but seems to have worked!

... Windows has just done its Automatic Updates thing and I now have a yellow shield in the system tray. I have tried a number of times now, to install the updates but it is unable to install them. the message just says:

Updates were unable to be successfully installed

The following updates were not installed:
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB922770)

Any help would be greatly appriciated,
Kind Regards
David
UK

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:04 PM

Hi hilld84,

Welcome to BleepingComputer!

Look2me is adware and even though it appears to benefit you, it is a bad program. Follow our malware removal guide and run the scans. They may show other things lurking on your computer. If needed, follow the steps to post a HJT log.

If you have any questions, please ask.

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

On the Windows Update Website, select your history of updates - now click on failed
update (red mark) and see if there is an error code.
If there is an error code, write it down and post back or in the alternative, do a search for the error code.
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527

Are you by chance using a Web accelerator? I have to turn mine off to install Windows updates.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:03 PM

Welcome to BC, hilld84

I have moved the topic you posted in this forum containing your HJT log to our HJT Forum. It would not have received the attention it deserved leaving it where it was as our HJT Team would not have looked for it here.

Please do not reply a second time to your topic in the HJT Forum until contacted by the HJT Team. The Team members look for topics with 0 replies. If they see one with a reply they would normally assume that another HJT Team Member has answered your post, that you are currently receiving help from another member, and pass you over.

Please discontinue any other attempts to fix your computer until the HJT Team responds, because anything you change after you created and posted your log will make your present HJT log inaccurate.

Our HJT Team is comprised of highly trained Professionals who while on this forum volunteer their time to help people like you who have had their computers compromised by malware.

Please be patient with us and you will receive the help you requested.

Your HJT log has been moved here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68963/automatic-updates-unable-to-install/

If you still have a problem remaining after your HJT log is addressed please feel free to open a new topic regarding the problem in the forum designated for your operating system. For now this topic will be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users