Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove Outlook Express?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MGBY

MGBY

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:15 AM

Can the program "OUTLOOK EXPRESS' be uninstalled?? I do not ever use the program, therefore, it wuld be great if I can remove this program and free up the space . Thankx. YOYO. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 killmypc

killmypc

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:58 AM

Hey MGBY,

I googled 'uninstall outlook express'...
It depends on your OS, how it was installed, etc.
Did you install it with an M$ Office disc?

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:30 AM

Here is a Micro$oft KB article on How to Manually Remove and Reinstall Outlook Express.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 MGBY

MGBY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:37 AM

Killmypc: The program came installed with the PC. If it was up to me , I would not install the program. Based on that the program was installed beforehand, how should I uninstall the program?? I would very much like to reclaim that chunk of valuable space consumed by a nonfunctional program. Please expound on what you have found. In the mean time , I will do a research on google as well. Thank you very much for all your help. could not have done it without you. YOYO. :thumbsup:

#5 MGBY

MGBY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:42 AM

TMACK: Thank you for facilitating the necessary link. I will check out that site. It sure made my task much easier. You sure made the difference. Appreciated. YOYO. :thumbsup:

#6 mypenry

mypenry

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:37 AM

Hi ....MGBY

My new computer came with OUTLOOK EXPRESS' pre installed, just wondering if you have removed it, and has it caused any problems...? I was thinking of doing the same .

Thanks ..........Mypenry

#7 MGBY

MGBY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

I have not uninstall it yet. I want to be absolutely certain prior to executing removal. In the mean time, I am reviewing the suggested article by TMACK and doing some research on the issue. Will let you know. Regards. YOYO. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users