Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Freezed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MGBY

MGBY

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:29 AM

What cause screen to freeze or lock?? At this state nothing would respond to prompt. I can not shut off, I can not navigate , I can not do anything. Nothing works. Can you tell me what was causing the problem? what exactly was going on?? Thanks. YOYO. :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killmypc

killmypc

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:47 AM

Hey MGBY,

There are a few different things that can cause this...

Is there a specific program / application you are running when this happens?
Are you on-line?
Can you give a little more detail?

#3 MGBY

MGBY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:43 PM

:thumbsup: Killmypc: This is my recollection what transpired. Prior to logging off, I had altered setting in managing cookies under internet option. The next time I logged back online, window open, my desktop present, I proceeded to use my mouse-there was no response. Pointing to start/ no response. pointing to a program/ no response. pointing to email /no response. pointing to document /no response. pointing to OPERA/ no response. etc. pointing to an icon on desktop-usually there will be a defining script/ there was none. pressed alt/F4 to shut down/ no response. Finally, I pressed power control button, I was able to shut it down. I logged back on,and it resumed normalcy... I sure like to understand what precipitated this lockdown problem. Thanks. YOYO. :flowers: :trumpet:

Edited by MGBY, 20 October 2006 - 02:45 PM.

#4 natakaasd

natakaasd

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:57 AM

Maybe your explorer.exe hanged?

#5 MGBY

MGBY
  • Topic Starter

• Members