Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

It Won't Let Me Install Window Xp

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chlwlsgod

chlwlsgod

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:53 PM

I have tried to install window xp pro after building my computer
but than it says check all the power lines and the lines that connects with motherboard.. and i did more than 100 times... (I connected 7-pin SATA_RAID2 to my motherboard(SATA_RAID2) and My hard drive..and ofcourse Power line......
also when I boot computer it says CPU FAN Error..... =/ wth is wrong wit it.
oh.. and I using http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813131568
with AMD S939 4200+ dual core CPU...

I'm soooo nooob.... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:09 AM

So, the computer worked fine before this? Or is the motherboard new as well? First off the bat, check the power running from the cpu heatsink to the motherboard, check the manual that came with your motherboard to make sure it's running, if it's plugged in the right spot, when you start up the computer check to see that the fan is spinning, if it isn't then you need a new heatsink. If your computer is stopping before it even gets to the bios, then don't worry about the connection to the hard drive, worry about getting to dos. Make sure that all the jumpers you have set for your motherboard are correct. Post back with an update

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:52 AM

When you are installing Windows to a sata drive you must load the sata drivers when prompted (usually by pressing F6 and installing the drivers from the cd that came with the motherboard).

Did you do that?

#4 chlwlsgod

chlwlsgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:14 AM

the fan turns fine....
and the computer is brand new... I built it..
when I boot It works fine for 5sec. but it gives message it says
CPU FAN ERROR!
To Be Resume F1
and I clicked F1 with window CD in after that it says click enter to install
and other key for reinstall,reparing. and F3 to quit.
so i clicked ENTER but it kept telling me check hard drive.....connections..
also It doesn't even get to BIO automatically i guess....

Edited by chlwlsgod, 18 October 2006 - 09:14 AM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:59 AM

The fan works fine - but it gives you an error?

I'm suspecting a bad mobo - but since you also have hard drive issues being reported, first check the hard drive in another system to see if it works.

As Enthusiast said, you can also bypass the hard drive by using a DOS boot disk to check and see if it POSTs.

Then, go step by step through the mobo manual one more time (to get it fresh in your mind) - then call NewEgg (or where ever you bought the mobo) and ask them to RMA it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 chlwlsgod

chlwlsgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:19 AM

okay The CPU Fan is fine now. i plugged in pw fan not CPU fan spot b4
also I think its just me that can't solve this problem..
when I boot computer it tell me "LOADING FREEDOS"
and it gives 3 lists
1) Nvdia Drive blah
2) Silicon Image drive blah
3) FREEDOS command promt
and it does not explain what to do on the Manual book
it only explains how to Setup BIOS....
someone tell me step by step..
Do i have to install window first?( but harddrive won't let me)
or Do i have to do something b4 installing.
and again The computer is NEW, I built it never installed window b4 on this computer..
ty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users