Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Sayin Hello

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EffinComputer

EffinComputer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:33 PM

So I decide to let my friend use my new laptop and loookie to my suprise when I get home I have a ka-jillion pop-ups and a "protection bar" on IE7. Tszzzzz, So here I am doing damage control. I googled some stuff and it led me to here.

To my disappointment Trend Micro Pc-Cillin Internety Securit 2007 didn't catch the deng virus/trojan. Downloaded AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 this morning and what do you know it found a few things on my system, and now I'm in the process of letting this Anti-Spyware/Malware program called Prevx1 scan my stem and after that Ad-Aware SE.

I'm still feeling a bit "violated" and hate having to change my passwords for EVERYTHING (I made sure I changed em' on a clean computer).

And I'm still a bit paranoid about entering any personal data on my computer, any other checks/programs I can do to help reassure me my laptop is clean.. Cuz I'd hate to have to do a full reformat =/

Heh, my friend tells me I'm "over-doing" it and I'm to paranoid... But hey I wanna make sure I'm safe especially after Trend Micro Pc-Cillin Internet Security 2007 didn't catch it...

Thanks again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:09 PM

Unfortunately, in today's internet world, one simply cannot be too careful. Whether it is sypware or even infectious malware, or identity theft, the possibilities are certainly there.
I would certainly urge you to scan your hard drive with several of the free web-based anti virus applications (see section 4 at the link below):
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405/antivirus-antimalware-and-antispyware-resources/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 EffinComputer

EffinComputer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:47 PM

Unfortunately, in today's internet world, one simply cannot be too careful. Whether it is sypware or even infectious malware, or identity theft, the possibilities are certainly there.
I would certainly urge you to scan your hard drive with several of the free web-based anti virus applications (see section 4 at the link below):
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405/antivirus-antimalware-and-antispyware-resources/

Regards,
John

Your help is much appreciated thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users