Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Doctor 2006, Explorer, And Keyboard Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cornandbeans

cornandbeans

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hello, I've been having some trouble with my computer lately. When I try to log on, only my wallpaper is shown. When I start up task manager, I notice under the processes that explorer is taking up 98-99 of the CPU! It shows, too- it takes me at least a minute on average from when I press ctrl+alt+del to when the actual window pops up. To actually access my desktop, I have to end explorer and then start it again as a new task.

I can get on most of the time, but other things are making it very frustrating. I have another problem; whenever I click on a folder, it closes explorer just for a brief moment and then I return. But no folder comes up. The same thing happens when I try to open up control panel, I see the wallpaper and nothing else. And no control panel. Also, the whole position of my toolbars change when that happens.

I also have System Doctor 2006 popping up every other second when I'm trying to work. There is probably a relatively easy method of removing it, I just need someone to walk me through.

You're probably tired of me already, but my keyboard locks up a lot when I start my computer. I was going to see if I could remove some of these pesky things by going into safe mode, but when I pressed F8 on startup, the selection was frozen on normal and I couldn't access any other options, basically pressing up or down wouldn't move anything. My keyboard does run off of a USB port, so that could just be a hardware problem.

The main reason I so desperately have to use my computer is that I write music constantly. If you can help me out here, expect a song dedicated to you guys. ;P

Thanks for your time,

-cornandbeans

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:30 PM

You're infected - things will only get worse until this bugger is removed from your system.

First, run this free, online scan to get a start on this: http://safety.live.com/

Then, if you still have problems, post a HiJackThis log in this forum (just read the instructions there to get started): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

If any problems remain (after the HJT analysis) then we'll fix them at that time.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users