Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help...cam't Access Certain Websites

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 creed77

creed77

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:09 PM

Can anyone help me please? I have had an on going problem for quite some time now, and is becoming rather annoying. I currently use IE through a cable connection and I am having a problem getting to particular websites and have to switch over to a dial up connection to access them. I have spent countless hours on the phone with the IT department with my ISP and have gotten no where except for there has to be something on my computer that is blocking these sites. I have removed my norton internet security,turn my firewall off, deleted all cookies, cleared all temp files, disabled auto complete, and still no luck with cable. Any other suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:00 PM

Hi creed77,
What exactly happens when you try to access these sites? Does your computer "hang"?
Have you tried accessing the sites with another browser like Firefox?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 creed77

creed77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:51 PM

Yes, I have tried firefox but same result. for instance I try to access verizonwireless.com to pay my cell phone bill and such, and it sends me to a msn search page first and asks me did i intead to go to verizonwireless.com and I click on the link and it sends me to a dsn sever error page. I've reset my winsocks, had them send me a new modem, reset my ip address and hooked up one of their computers to my connection and they were able to connect it is very odd. The oddest thing to me is I can use dial up and get there but not cable(there is no router).

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:00 PM

Sounds like your problem is with Secure sites.
Maybe there is something in this BC tutorial "Can't Access Secure Sites-Browser Won't Connect" that can help you out.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 creed77

creed77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:14 PM

I have already tried that post and its solutions and still no help. I have 128 bit encryption and my registry keys are in line. Why would they work with dial up and not cable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users