Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FTP Program

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 twistofcain1976

twistofcain1976

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:41 PM

I'd like to set up some program that i can transfer files back and forth to a friends computer.
something like a FTP program, so we can link dirrectly to just eachother.
the files are fairly large, like 3-5gb in size. so we'd like a good connection that won't take days to complete transfer.

any suggestions ? ... just a simple program, no bells and whistles needed.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:10 PM

You need to set up a ftp server on one of the two computers. Then you can connect send and retrieve files from that particular computer. Since most ISP's these days give higher bandwidth to downloads then uploads, you may want to have the ftp server on both computers and use them for downloading only. Never upload.

A free ftp server is:

http://www.warftp.org/

#3 dudeman

dudeman

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:54 PM

look at a program called f-secure. I think there is another program called pftp that is free. I can't remember the name of that one.
www.f-secure.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users