Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

drag and drop with excel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ron316

ron316

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:19 PM

i need help .i have this automotive program i have my customer list exported to excel from my other program.i need to know if there is a way to drag and drop from excel to my new identafix dierect shop program

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:14 PM

I would prefer to copy/paste. Select the data you want in Excel, cursor into the selected area, RIGHT click, copy. Then cursor into wherever you want the data to go in this other program, RIGHT click, paste. Whether or not this will work depends on how compatible the data structures are in the two applications.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 08 December 2018 - 05:15 PM.

#3 ron316

ron316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:50 PM

my problem is i have to do it 1 at the time.and 350 entries

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

I have just had a look at the Direct-Shop web-site and unhappily their FAQs are silent on the subject of how you set up this program in the first place, nor do I know how compatible Direct-Shop is with Excel in terms of data format.

What you could try is set up your Excel spreadsheet in one half of your screen and Direct-Shop in the other. Then drag and drop one data item from Excel to D-S and see if it accepts it. Then select two items in Excel and see if they go across to the correct places. If that works try selecting say five items at one go and try with them. If that works you should be good to go. Select all the remaining items in Excel and drag them across.

If this doesn't work then I think you will need to address this question to D-S. Since I presume they are charging you good money for their services they should have an interest in helping you change over to using their system - or else you won't use it !

Chris Cosgrove

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users