Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Snow blower opinion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bruinator

bruinator

• Members
  • 577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:04 PM

Which one of these blowers would you buy if you needed one:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Troy-Bilt-24-in-208-cc-Two-Stage-Gas-Snow-Blower-with-Electric-Start-Self-Propelled-Storm-2410/305562533

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ariens-Classic-24-in-2-Stage-Electric-Start-Gas-Snow-Blower-920025/301858403

Thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bry89

Bry89

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:12 PM

Doesn't matter which one, as long as it does its job :P Then again, I think I may need one if we get a harsh winter, like the one we were cursed with early this year :unsure:

Edited by Bry89, 08 December 2018 - 03:13 PM.

>>mindsConnected<<

A smaller, close-knit tech-oriented community. Everybody welcome.

#3 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

YEP!  Keep talking to as many people as you can and don't just do a brother in law >kneeJERK! oh that's pretty huff huff huff huff look how badaaarrrrse this baby is BUY! or OR!!!!! *echoECHO* the first one on sale at some stupid /\CE! blah hardware grain store that's down the street.  Paramount question::: who is going to be using it?, if its giant only HULK can get it into pickup or run the <snip> thing. Some get the largest moster ones then bi<SNIP> at the kid or the wifey etc. that they can't run it, IDIOTS!. Also, If you have gravel, avoid cheap little rubber paddle ones with no directional as you will blow every last car on the block`s WINDOWS OUT !|
:Little snowblowers certainly are easy to handle for ladies and kids but -- as I said, there goes your bank account because you then have to replace a few dozen windows.  If bigger, CAN'T GET IT INTO PICKUP OR VAN SO YOUR NEIGHBORS can't borrow it hahahahahaha! Also, hard to start, MORE LEVERS! and maybe harder to control, possibly can't get into little tiny GrandMama walks but -- naturally, if you're doing a parking lot, bigger is better.

IF IN TORONTO / BUFFALO NEW YORK , COLD CLIMES!, make them give you chains, make them feel like an idiot being shocked !!! it doesn't come with a set?!?!?! sacrilegious!

What's the cost of new ? blades OR INSTALLING THEM, a new whatever wears out on 2nd year, ask around.  Can you get parts for it quickly? NOT LIKE SEARS tripe they are simply> Horrid ! at getting parts.

NO :YOU DON"T WANT THAT BLESSID INSURANCE or program for an extra hundred bucks TOTAL SCAM !

LATERZZZZZZZ

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 08 December 2018 - 05:00 PM.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,387 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2018 - 04:06 PM

I bought the Troy-Bilt 26" it is an animal it shoots the snow super far, the only mistake I made was not getting the steering option.  I do several hundred feet of pathways with many bends and a 3 wide driveway plus a couple of neighbors, when I get a couple of feet I feel like I was on the losing end of a fight.  If you have any steep inclines you may need chains.  I gave my Auger drive blower to my kid ans still miss it dearly, auger drive allows it to climb steps now I have to shovel them along with the old lady down the street.  If you have a large area do your self a favor and get steering.

Add on!  I do not do any gravel PERIOD even though mine is wheeled not auger, My buddy has white pea gravel his tines are ruined and need replacement every 3-4 years not cheap.

Edited by OldPhil, 08 December 2018 - 04:11 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,521 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

Neither.

In our neighborhood there is always somebody coming around and wanting to clear our driveways and walkways and porches. :thumbup2:

Shoveling and clearing snow in the Winter is like yard work in the Summer, I hate both and I despise both and I don't do either. :nono:

Edited by The-Toolman, Yesterday, 07:44 AM.

I'm Grumpy Because I can Be Not Because I'm Old. :P :lol: 

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” (Mark Twain)

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." (Mark Twain)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users