Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MP3 files corrupted after transfer to old phone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alex34111

Alex34111

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:59 PM

When I transfer some MP3 music files from my laptop to my Nokia 150, they become unusable once I unplug the USB. I used mp3 diags and mp3val on the transferred files. Mp3 val claimed the format is unknown (windows says it's still mp3), and mp3 diags said the files have no mpeg audio stream and no id3 tags. Indeed, there isnt even any visible info of length or bitrate. Somewhere I read of a simmilar case, where it was replied that the files are actually m4a or aac and that's why mp3 diags is confused. I tried conversion with apowersoft video converter studio, I got an error when selecting the files for conversion. Is there something else I can do? P.S.: it's definitely not the laptop nor the usb cable.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted Yesterday, 02:14 AM

If the files you are transferring are MP3s then just copy them to the SDCard on the Phone and it should play them fine.

You can do this with the Usb cable and Browse the PC for the Files and then Copy them , then Browse to the Phone and Paste them to the Card.

If you have M4A Files you could use ITunes to convert them first to MP3s and aac is a Codec that Apple uses.

The Manual here my assist further { Page 14 } 

https://assets.ctfassets.net/wcfotm6rrl7u/4bMB9PM0LCQKEYYo4IGgEK/2bf9935b854f0cf94ef7197b11a0e65b/NOKIA150_ONLINE_UG_v1_1_SS.pdf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users