Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:04 PM

G'day guys

I have a friend who has a problem using Outlook.

Every time she tries to open the program to get her emil it says there is a problem and forces her to open in safe mode to get her emil.

She is using kaspersky as her antivirus client and said it detected a virus about three weeks ago and she deleted it. She doesn't know what type it was or can't remember the name. Since then she has had this problem.

I tried to get her to do a system restore (three times) but it just keeps saying "Unable to restore back to the selected point" with three different points selected.

She doesn't seem to have any other problems either browsing or using other applications.

I don't know much more about the symptoms right now but I can find out later today if you need any more info.

I read somewhere a little while ago about Winsock Stacks being damaged after a worm was detected and removed. I'm wondering if this could be the problem? But I'm at a loss as to why I can't do a system restore?

Any ideas ?
JTH

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users