Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MicroSD card not read at all on Windows 7 PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 help_seeker

help_seeker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

Hello,

I think one of my microSD cards is corrupted.
It is not recognized at all neither by the smartphone nor by my Windows 7 PC.

The adapter I am using to plug it in the PC is working fine with another microSD card, so it should be an issue with the card itself.

list disk

in 

diskpart

does not show any additional entry when this microSD card is plugged in, while it showed an additional entry for another microSD card. Does anyone know if I can recover the data somehow from that corrupted microSD card?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:00 PM

If your phone and Windows does not detect the SD card I would say it's dead. Depending on how valuable the info on the card is you will need to consult a professional data recovery service which is not inexpensive.

Something you may want to try is booting a live linux disk and seeing if the SD card is detected. Download Mint Cinnamon and burn a DVD. Boot Mint which will run from the DVD and RAM. Attach your SD adapter with the card already inserted. If Mint can mount the SD card a USB icon will appear on the desktop and a File Manager will open showing the contents of the SD card. You can insert another USB flash drive and copy/paste the contents of the SD card to the USB flash drive.

Mint Cinnamon

https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3597

#3 help_seeker

help_seeker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:15 AM

Hi JohnC_21,

Thanks for your reply

I tried it on linux, and it doesn't show up there either when I plug it in

Can you point me to some hardware or service which can help me out recover my data?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:21 AM

I don't know your location but one of the professional recover services is DriveSavers. They can cost from $1000 and up. There is a BC member here, DataMedic,which quotes recovery from $400 and up.  I don't know if he deals with SD cards though.

https://drivesaversdatarecovery.com/

https://drivesaversdatarecovery.com/data-recovery-services/devices-supported/digital-camera-card-data-recovery/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users