Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Digital Video editing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nicknite

nicknite

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:42 PM

I am going to be updating my computer to handle my digital video editing requirements. I currently use Pinnacle. It seems to be technically sound with the ability to edit video and add audio clips with fun sounds also added. However it runs extremely slow when a minimum of video is used. I'm hoping my new hardware will handle the "snails pace". However i am curious if i'm using the right program. Does anyone create their own DVDs and use Pinnacle or another program with success. Let me know.
Thanks,
Nicknite

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:48 PM

Ever used the windows movie maker that comes with XP I think? I have it on mine....

#3 nicknite

nicknite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:32 PM

I've not tried the microsoft movie maker. Something about microsoft irritates me when they add so many programs to xp. I will however give it a shot. What about other independent programs?
Nicknite

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:35 PM

Lets go with your system specs.

How much RAM do you have? Processor speed? Even the free HD(Hard Drive) space with help.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 nicknite

nicknite
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2004 - 06:48 PM

New system hopefully. 2x512 RAM, 3.2 CPU, 200 free HDD space. Keep in mind i don't want to spend a fortune on the software and am certainly not a professional digital video editor.
Thanks,
Nicknite

#6 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:40 PM

You can check out VCDEasy Link

It is a trial that I have used in the past. The trial has limitations, but at least you can use it to get your feet wet.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#7 twistofcain1976

twistofcain1976

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:49 AM

I like to Upload using the Windows Movie Maker.
- this is very easy on resources, and you should get very little if no dropped frames.

i currently can capture 5 - 10 mins at a time with it, running a 1.2mhz P3 with 64 bit NVidea Card, 512 Ram

Then i edit using Ulead Video Studio. only because Adobe Premier is quite draining on my computer, and won't run to it's full ability

All this also depends on what quality you want to capture at too.
What is your final project aimed to be? internet video on a web site or dvd quality back to be played on a TV ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users