Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR (probable nvidia hardware serious issue)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Beccaccia

Beccaccia

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

Hi,

today i started suffer issues some time with some BSOD, total freeze of my laptop or stop working with any game i try to run. I can run some game almost 5-6 second before suffer it. I had also some time very small colored squares.

Basically I was playing with Fallout 76 during first occurrence. I reinstalled totally windows 10 with any result. Trying "Lenovo Diagnostics Tool" i had like results during stress test "The video card can not perform the operation", now only "There were problems with the operation of the video card" also some freeze during it.

My big suspect is a serious issue with my dedicated Nvidia GPU card while using Intel integrated card there is no problems.

Now my big suspect is my power adapter.

Here my speccy snapshot: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/QvoospZgmLa2bGCd2cg3g6j

Note:

During removing of Nvidia GPU driver first time before reinstall totally windows 10 i suffer also with a DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE.

Anyway any more information in attached files are welcome.

[edit1] this morning i tried run game using only battery without any problem.. connecting power adapter i had block of game and laptop freeze. I'll update with more tests.

[edit2] running games or testing with FurMark with battery no BSOD, freeze or blocks while using power adapter i suffer all type of problems described.

[edit3] "Lenovo Diagnostics Tool" is now reporting "success" all time with stress test only if using battery!

Thank you.

Attached Files

Edited by Beccaccia, 02 December 2018 - 07:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beccaccia

Beccaccia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:42 AM

[update] memtest no errors; chkdsk/f/r no errors

I attached here also an update of SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip after some BSOD specially with last VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR BSDO with screen before it!

With FurMark i obtein also this registry entry:

Description:
The description for Event ID 1 from source NVIDIA OpenGL Driver cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Unable to recover a kernel exception. The application must be closed.

Anyway my suspects are GPU gone or my dc power adapter to replace.

Attached Files

#3 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:28 PM

As you can see from below all of the bugchecks are caused by your video driver. Please update your Intel Video Driver from the link below and let us know if that resolves your issues.

Intel® HD Graphics 4600

BugCheck 119, {2, ffffffffc000000d, ffff9d8a39c22960, ffff9f0f6528e650} 
Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VidSchiSendToExecutionQueue+15578 ) 
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨`` 
BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, fffff80340363380, 0} 
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1e7151 ) 
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨`` 
BugCheck 119, {5, ffffdd0ff0bcd000, ffffdd0ff0ce5010, f34} 
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+d260f ) 
BugCheck 139, {3, ffffb180e418e420, ffffb180e418e378, 0} 
Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!operator delete+12 ) 
BugCheck 10E, {1d, ffffe58717a262d0, 0, 0} 
Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UpdatePageTable+2a615 ) 

You also have several possibly outdated drivers listed below. Look for any updates especially the ones in Red. Links have been provided to help find the correct drivers. It is good practice to create a Restore point prior to updating.

bcbtums.sys Mon Mar 23 14:31:26 2015 (5510862E)

rt640x64.sys Tue May 5 09:21:03 2015 (5548EDEF)

RtsPer.sys Wed May 6 00:22:09 2015 (5549C121)

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jun 2 03:47:59 2015 (556D89DF) 

rtsuvc.sys Thu Jun 11 01:52:49 2015 (55794C61) 
Realtek UVC webcam Driver OEM Only - go to system manufacturer's support site[br]None at: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ 

TeeDriverW8x64.sys Thu Jun 11 18:52:49 2015 (557A3B71) 

iaStorA.sys Wed Jul 22 01:42:17 2015 (55AF5769) 
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx XP 

SynTP.sys Fri Aug 7 09:29:43 2015 (55C4DCF7) 
Synaptic Touch Pad Driver http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php[br]Thanks MasterChief!!! 

Smb_driver_Intel.sys Fri Aug 7 09:30:24 2015 (55C4DD20) 
Synaptics SMBus Driver OEM or http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers/ 

igdkmd64.sys Mon Aug 24 13:32:07 2015 (55DB7F47) 

IntcDAud.sys Tue May 10 01:08:56 2016 (57319718) 
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ 

bcmwl63a.sys Tue Nov 22 09:51:04 2016 (58348588) 
Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver OEM - no wireless drivers available at [br]http://www.broadcom.com/support/ 

Edited by dmccoy, 06 December 2018 - 03:30 PM.

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#4 Beccaccia

Beccaccia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

Hi,

thank for you report and try to help :)

"Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" report me that i have last drivers update for my system... anyway i know Lenovo use to customize his own drivers.. i'm not able to use last version of intel driver linked because I receive a message that this driver has not been validated for this pc (laptop). Ask for correct driver to who build this PC." Lenovo has not update since 2016. Same for remaining drivers most of them are customized. I can't update.

I tried with a different AC Adapter. Same problem.

Anyway i tried many time with a fresh installation. No results, i suffer freeze or BSOD any time i try to update Nvidia drivers now or if i try to run a game or a stress test using Nvidia GPU, like i wrote day ago. Actually i disabled my Nvidia GPU card via BIOS and all issues are disappear with any problem...

I read about other people with same or similar problem with same GPU laptop card.. basically issues with one or more inductors or a mofters in my card that need a professional repair. Consireding that i never had issue with my laptop and it is happened during a game corroborates a hardware problem.

I dont know how solve.. i'll buy a new laptop.

#5 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,252 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:19 PM

I apologize, I responding with the wrong information. It is more likely your Nvidia driver that is the most likely cause of your BSOD. It looks like you are using the latest version of the driver. With laptops that have two video cards, it is often best to only use latest drivers from the manufacturer website as they are designed to work together. I would recommend downloading the latest Nvidia driver from the link below and then follow the clean GPU install guide to reinstall the correct driver.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo/downloads

How to Clean Install Nvidia Drivers:
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-tutorial

Be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the graphics driver and the physx driver.

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

#6 Beccaccia

Beccaccia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:02 AM

Hi,

i always used official nvidia drivers since 2015 without issues. I started with freeze and BSOD suddenly first time during playing to a game some day ago. After it i had freeze, BSOD continually and I'm no longer able to run a game, a stress test with my nvidia gpu card without suffer all problems i wrote. I suffer BSOD and freeze also installing and updating drivers!

I used official lenovo driver, windows update nvidia drivera and many nvidia official drivers removing all time previous driver with DDU. No way.

I reinstalled completely windows 10 too two time removing all partition in my SSD drive using an updated version of S.O. downloaded with media creation tool.

Memtest86 and chkdsk/f/r report no error with my RAM and my ssd disk.

I have no issue if i disable NVIDIA card.

Considering all i can only conclude a dedicated nvidia gpu card issue.  :ranting: 

I have no more ideas about it and sound "funny" but Lenovo official support does not offer any solution or analysis about this problem just responding only with generic solution totally useless. <_<

#7 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,252 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:59 PM

It is possible that your Nvidia card is bad since you have already tried using all the different driver options. If everything works correctly with you Nvidia GPU disabled then you can either continue using it that way if you are satisfied with it this way. One thing you can try is to boot with a live Linux disto such as the following with you Nvidia card enabled and see if it works correctly or not. If it works then your GPU is most likely good and it is a driver issue that is still causing your BSOD's

Linux Mint
https://www.fosslinux.com/274/how-to-create-linux-mint-live-usb-drive-on-windows.htm

You can also run the following utility to test your GPU and see if it shows any issues.

FurMark download site:  http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/ (appears to be bundled w/bloatware now - 12 Aug 2014)
Try downloading from one of the major download sites.  Here's a link to it at Major Geeks (as of 12 Aug 2014):  http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/furmark.html
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test  (Looks like it's "BURN-IN test" now)
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
NOTE:  Set the alarm to go off at 90ºC.  Then watch the system from that point on.  If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly and turn it off at the first sign of video problems.  DO NOT leave it it unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your video card!!!  
If the temperature gets above 100ºC, quit the test - the video card is overheating.
- Click "Quit" to exit

What you are looking for:  
- excessive heat from the GPU (report back with anything over 90ºC)
- problems with the video display (picture is distorted or jumbled, picture turns black, etc)
- problems reported by the program (I haven't seen this, but "just in case")

#8 Beccaccia

Beccaccia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

i'm not so good with linux like with windows anyway with linux mint i installed last nvidia driver and i'm able to switch to intel and nvidia card (i think) following this guide: https://www.linuxbabe.com/desktop-linux/switch-intel-nvidia-graphics-card-ubuntu

So i can run furmark with my intel card but not with nvidia... something is wrong recognising my nvidia card, i dont know. I'll try these days.

Anyway meantime GPU issue with windows is always worst.. now if i run with Nvidia gpu actived it is a sure BSOD.

- excessive heat from the GPU (report back with anything over 90ºC)

i changed thermal paste i was under 65°C with full load. Now my CPU is only 47°C

- problems with the video display (picture is distorted or jumbled, picture turns black, etc)

I had some with some games during some test running them: https://i.imgur.com/HBrkyRt.jpg. Last time i see a similar thing was for a broken GPU.

I'll update this post.

#9 Beccaccia

Beccaccia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:47 AM

[update] installed linux mint, upgrade with all updates and last drivers for all, installed last nvidia driver "nvidia-415".

Results: Loading with nvidia gpu --> black windows with ad fixed underscore up during loading after mint logo, i waited some minutes.. nothing happen while loading having nvidia gpu disabled via BIOS no problem a very fast loading.

I have no dubt that my problem is my Nvidia GPU gone or with some hardware issue by now.

I hope this thead will help who had, have or will have a similar issee.

@dmccoy thank you for your support, sure better that official Lenovo support that try almost to troll me about this issue.

#10 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,252 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:43 PM

You are welcome. Good work helping figure it the issue. Let us know if you need anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users