Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guitar Pro 7.5 not working

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ghost1

ghost1

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:39 PM

Greetings all. I sure could use some advice about my recently purchased Guitar Pro 7.5 that will not work correctly. I downloaded it on my emachines with Windows 7 and it will open but none of the click on icons on home page operate. I go to top of page and drop down the help tab, with same results. I can open a musical notation, however, when it plays is freezes and acts like it's skipping. I have made sure Windows is up to date. I received a couple of error messages when I first downloaded program that I am attaching, but after deleting and reinstalling program a couple of times, the have disappeared. On a hunch, I downloaded program on our laptop that also runs Windows 7 and it works perfectly on it, but I would really like to use it on the emachine set up. I'm not very tech savvy, but I can follow instructions if any suggestions are given.

Edited by hamluis, 29 November 2018 - 04:05 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Audio/Video Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:03 PM

rMachines model?

User Guide

Louis

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,778 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:43 PM

Most programs have listed the system and resource requirements needed for the program to run smoothly; check your documentation for minimum requirements.

You posted:

when it plays is freezes and acts like it's skipping

Usually this is what video editors call "dropped frames", and usually it is because the computer system is so slow that it cannot keep up with the data being streamed into it. This can be caused by a variety of reasons, some of the more common ones being too weak a CPU, not enough memory, hard drive is too slow to access needed data, etc. This is especially true of video and/or music editing programs. Choke them of system resources and you get everything from dropped frames to outright crashes.

I am not saying this is the cause, just offering the first thing to do in finding your problem.

I suspect that this is the reason that Luis requested the model of your eMachines....to check its hardware setup.

Edited by ranchhand_, 29 November 2018 - 04:45 PM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:59 PM

Have you contacted their Tech Support?

https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 ghost1

ghost1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:44 AM

Thanks to all for taking time to reply.  Yes, I have contacted GP's support, however, it is taking a day to ask a question and a day to get a response.  I thought I may get a quicker solution reaching out to this forum.  I can understand computer speed/memory affecting quality of playback, but I'm not understanding how that might cause the home page icon's not to populate when activated.  I would like to add several screen shots of my systems info, however it doesn't look like attachments are allowed on this area of the forum, unless I'm just not seeing it. 

"r"machine

ET1831-05

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 -bit

Intel Celeron processor 450

NVIDIA GeForce 7050 Integrated

DVD Super multi drive

500 GB HDD

3GB DDRZ memory

Multi-in-one Digital Media Manager

#6 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,778 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:24 PM

Did you check your program's minimum requirements for running against your current system?

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#7 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,808 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:51 PM

System requirements:

Processor   Dual-Core CPU

RAM    4GB

Intel Celeron Processor 450

# of cores     1

https://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=buy-guitar-pro#footer-system-requirements

https://ark.intel.com/products/35239/Intel-Celeron-Processor-450-512K-Cache-2-20-GHz-800-MHz-FSB-

#8 ghost1

ghost1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:44 AM

Folks I apologize for being dumber than a bag full of hammers when it comes to tech talk.  Am I reading my system isn't large enough to run program?

#9 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,808 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:10 AM

Yes, the system is significantly below the required specifications. The RAM is low, which you can sometimes squeak through on, but it specifically says a Dual Core CPU is required. The Celeron only has a single core, so that's a very likely reason for it to have problems.

#10 ghost1

ghost1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:24 AM

Is there any recourse other than new machine purchase?

#11 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,808 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:39 AM

In theory, a dual-core CPU could be obtained to replace the Celeron, but it's often hard to be certain which CPUs e-machines will accept, and you'd need to feel up to doing a CPU replacement...

#12 ghost1

ghost1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:43 AM

OK.   Thanks a million for the info.   I think I'm due for a new machine.  

#13 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,808 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:51 AM

Good excuse to update!

#14 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,778 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:06 AM

Yeah, I went through the same experience a few years ago; I was doing a lot of video editing and had hair-tearing problems until I built a new computer with a fast video card, then suddenly the program I was running stopped dropped frames and crashing. Lesson learned. If you want to do it right, I suggest building your own computer. It's really not difficult and you will learn tons and have a really fast machine, the cost will run approximately $1000 or a bit less depending on what you spec for yourself.

#15 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:17 PM

There seem to be a ton of refurbished quad-core/i5/i7 systems available...if you wish to save money and wind up with a decent machine.

Examples.

Louis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users