Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 skyler.

skyler.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:41 AM

I'm looking to buy speakers any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

What are you looking to do with them? Just a simple 2 speaker set up (stock) would be fine for everyday usage, and low level music listening. If you're into gaming, then go with a 2.1 setup that's a good quality name (creative is good and cheap...errrr, inexpensive!). A decent 2.1 will also be good for listening to MP3's and streaming music/audio. If you're hardcore into gaming, then get either a 4.1 or 5.1 surround. If you're going to get a 4.1 or a 5.1 system, I recomend a sound card (again, creative labs, works well, cheap, and can get at most/all Walmarts along with speakers). You could always go with a 7.1 surround sound set up, but you're getting into a lot of money then, and an expensive sound card to run it all. I reccomend a 2.1, as it's very versatile and should do just fine.

FYI---> the first number is the number of satelite speakers(mid and high tones), and the ".X" (point or dot, usually said as "point 1 or point 2) is the number of subwoofers (bass and low tones).

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 skyler.

skyler.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the reply Steve. I would be using these speakers for pretty much gaming, i'm a hardcore gamer and some music. For 7.1 surround sound is that klipsch?

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:22 AM

I tend to stick with Creative. I think that they have a decent quality, and that their prices on their mid to high level products are decent. Their top end products are just that, top end, and the price reflects it.

HERE is a decent 7.1 surround sound from creative. Now, this is somewhat mid level. It's not going to blow your socks off, but it'll sound good turned up fairly loud. Frag grenades and space ships will be all around you, sounding loud and clear but not making your ears bleed. Cranking it all the way to max volume will most likely distort it. If you want something that you can crank and hear a mile down the road, you can try these HERE. These are a total of 700Watts of powere with a 210 Watt subwoofer. These may cause cranial fluid to drip from your ears :thumbsup: They'll also put a strain on your checking account at $499 :flowers:

You'll also need a good sound card to run a suround sound system and get decent sound. HERE is a good gaming sound card. Please feel free to read all the specs on all of the links I've provided so that you can make an educated decision when buying your speakers and/or soundcard.

Personally, I'm a gamer too. IMHO, I don't need all the 7.1 surround speakers, and the top of the line sound cards, and thumping base that'll make your heart skip a beat. I've got a 4.1 surround system with a $30 sound card from Walmart (speakers and sound card are both creative labs though), and I'm more than happy with it.

Something that you have to keep in mind is that you'll have to run wires to all of your speakers, and you'll need someplace to put them, either a shelf or mount them on the wall or buy each speaker it's own stand. You might get sick of the wires all over the place (I know that I do). I'm actually going to purchase a nice set of 2.1 speakers that are high quality, so I can crank it, and have it sound great. I'll keep my current sound card, as it works fine.

Hope this helps! :trumpet:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users