Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple_irp_complete_requests ? Windows Keeps Crashing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 barrett101

barrett101

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:12 AM

Hi. My computer keeps crashing and displaying the blue screen of death. displaying the MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
The technical information reads:
*** STOP: 0x00000044 (0xFFB3D268, 0x00000D60, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Any ideas what is up. I recently also started having the alert from windows security alerting that windows was infected with spyware, click here and windows will download software to fix it.

The system doesn't allow me time to do anything, usually crashing within 2 minutes. Even in SAFE mode it still crashes before i have time to load a program..

please help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fleamailman

fleamailman

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:13 AM

Hi, this one interests me
remember I am working blind so bare with me
also if you haven't mentioned it yet:
- what model of computer
- what os, XPpro or home
- how old is it
- have you added any new parts or software recently

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294876&sd=RMVP
(fat lot of help that link is, what do we do then)

ideas
- restore the system to point prior to problem
- try repair with window xp cd
everyday is a gift

#3 barrett101

barrett101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:00 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply.

SOrry, should have added the system info. It's a laptop Compaq presario 1200 700mhz, running XP pro. The last hardware change i have made was a wireless network card, which would be about 2 weeks ago. apart from that there hasn't been any changes. This issue just started yesterday. I've tried loading last known good configuration but it still crashes. I've also tried to disable the drivers for the wireless card thinking they could be the issue, since being the last installed hardware.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:35 PM

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x44

Does the error message list any filenames? You can check your Event Viewer to find it (how-to here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ )

Also, you can search your hard drive for .dmp and .mdmp files. If you find them use this link to analyze them ( http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246 )

Then post the results of the analysis here for us to have a look at.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 barrett101

barrett101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:09 AM

OK i've managed to get access to the event viewer.
Listed in the catagories are:
Application x2 errors

1: Date:18/10/2006 source: Userenv Time:3:18.03
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description: Windows couldn't log the RSoP session status. An attempt to connect to WMI failed. No more RSoP logging will be done for this application of policy.

2: Source:McLogEvent Time: 3:19.17
User: NT AUTHORITY\System
Description: MCSCAN 32 Engine Initialisation failed. Engine returned error : The DAT files failed or are missing.

System x6 errors
1: Source: DCOM Time: 3:19:17
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event ID: 10005
Description: DCOM got error "the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it it has no enabled devices associated with it." attempting to start the service winmgmt with arguements "" in order to run the server: {8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820}

2: Source: DCOM Time: 3:19:17
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Event ID: 10005
Description: DCOM got error "the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it it has no enabled devices associated with it." attempting to start the service winmgmt with arguements "" in order to run the server: {8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820}

3: Source: DCOM Time: 3:19:58
User: BAZZA\User Event ID: 10005

4: Source:SideBySIde Time: 3:21:00
User: N/A Event ID: 32
Description: Dependent Assembly Microsoft. Windows. Common-Controls could not be found and last error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system

5: Source: SideBySide Time: 3:21:00
User: N/A Event ID: 59
Description: Resolve partial Assembly failed for Microsoft Windows. Common-Controls. Reference error message. The referenced assembly is not installed on your system

6: Source: SideBySide Time: 3:21:00
User: N/A Event ID: 59
Description: Generate Activation Context failed for C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\tmpf0.exe. Reference error message. The operation completed successfully

Any of these make sense????

#6 Cobra2

Cobra2

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:38 AM

Hi barrett
Microsoft 'Windows' does not download software against spyware, unless You talking about
Microsoft Defender, in any other case do not install software that pops up saying Windows as spyware
this is just Trouble :thumbsup:

Hi. My computer keeps crashing and displaying the blue screen of death. displaying the MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
The technical information reads:
*** STOP: 0x00000044 (0xFFB3D268, 0x00000D60, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Any ideas what is up. I recently also started having the alert from windows security alerting that windows was infected with spyware, click here and windows will download software to fix it.

#7 barrett101

barrett101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:43 AM

Hi barrett
Microsoft 'Windows' does not download software against spyware, unless You talking about
Microsoft Defender, in any other case do not install software that pops up saying Windows as spyware
this is just Trouble :thumbsup:

Yeah thats ok, I kinda already figured it was some sort of infection. Anytime something says "CLick here to download what's needed to fix" kinda sounds fishy to me.

#8 barrett101

barrett101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:36 AM

SOmething else i've noticed too is when i attempt to load in normal mode, while windows is still loading, an alert pops up labeled MSConfi saying: Windows cannot find 'MSConfi". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, then click Search.
When i click OK another alert pops up labeled Desktop saying: Could not load or run 'MSConfi' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.

#9 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:42 AM

Note:
The Hijack This log posted by barrett101 has been moved to the Hijack This Logs and Analysis Forum.

Please do not make any other changes to your system, barrett101, or do anything else that changes the validity of the HJT log that you posted until you are directed by a member of our HJT Team.

If you have continuing problems after the HJT Log is analyzed and you make the alterations recommended by our HJT Expert feel free to return to this forum for additional assistance.

Edited by Enthusiast, 18 October 2006 - 07:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users