Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certain apps suddenly killing my battery (iPhone 7+)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 whereangelsplay

whereangelsplay

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 22 November 2018 - 07:50 AM

Hi all!

So, here’s my problem. About 11 days ago, I noticed my iPhone 7+ battery suddenly draining at an alarming rate (around 7 or 8% per minute), and this seems to happen only when using certain apps. I have identified only two: one is a language learning app called Memrise, and the other is WeChat (like a Chinese WhatsApp), but only when checking out videos friends have posted to their ‘moments’ (even when buffering before the video starts, the battery drops very quickly).

This started happening BEFORE the last iOS update (my current iOS is 12.1). When I upgraded from iOS 11 the current one, the problem simply continued. These apps had been working on iOS 11 for a long time, but for some reason that all suddenly changed. I would be extremely grateful if any tech genius here could help me out as it’s driving me crazy and I can no longer use apps that are valuable to me.

Cheers!

Edited by whereangelsplay, 22 November 2018 - 07:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users