Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clicker Cah?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 freespeechforme

freespeechforme

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:05 PM

Hi,
I have Zone Alarm, Spybot, & Avg.... and now that I think that I have the trojan horse (clicker cah) I have download and used CW Sreadder, Ad Aware, AVG anti-spyware, spysweeper,stinger and some others.
Let me explain how this all got started.
I downloaded firefox browser a few days ago. I was having trouble coping & pasting on some web pages. I went to their forum and started looking for solutions. I found a post by I think 1 of the forum administrators about problems with coping & pasting. There was a link there bugzilla.mozillia.org/showbug.cgi?id=334500. I used the link, & on that page was an application file called malware setup file. I downloaded and a box popped up & said I had Cliker Cah in documents/setting/laura/desktop/setupexe. It gave me the option to ignore, heal, info. So I pressed heal and It wound up in my AVG quarantine. I deleted it. I run spyware (no infections) show up. So I go back to that application on there website & box pops up again & it winds back in quarantine in AVG.
Before I found this forum I goggled clicker cah found a page to get rid of it and spent the whole day downloading more spyware programs because, every program I used (all the above came up empty), except some cookies & medium threat stuff. I ran all of them in safe mode too. Nothing.
So I went back to the mozzilla forum, went to that link for that maleware setup file and there it pops up again, and winds up in my quarantine after I press the (heal button) on the popup.
i don't know why... I have run all these spyware programs & it doesn't show up? Only shows up when I go>malware setup file.
Can someone please help.
here is my log:

New info as of 10/17
My windows firewall keeps setting itself to off, I go back & put it on, and later I check & the off button is marked.
also my computer is running slow
and on my home page there's info that you set up like zip code for weather info; etc, and sometimes when I log on, the page is still there but the info (like weather is all gone & it's blank)This never use to happen to my homepage....please help!!!!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:10:41 PM, on 10/16/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\LXBRKsk.exe
C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\InstantCDDVD\InstantWrite\iwctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Tmas\Tmas.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\IMApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ScsiAccess.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SSU.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Laura\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://my.myway.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.gatewaybiz.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by CenturyTel
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VOBID] "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\InstantCDDVD\InstantDrive\InstantDrive.exe" /remount
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRONoMgr.exe] "C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PinnacleDriverCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\PSDrvCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LXBRKsk] C:\PROGRA~1\LEXMAR~1\LXBRKsk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark 3100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 3100 Series\lxbrbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IW ControlCenter] "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\InstantCDDVD\InstantWrite\iwctrl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMpi] C:\WINDOWS\GWMDMpi.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] "C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe" /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IncrediMail] "C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\IncMail.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [iClean] "C:\Program Files\Aladdin Systems\iClean\iClean.exe" /I
O4 - Startup: Registration-INSDVD.lnk = C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\InstantCDDVD\SharedFiles\Pixie\RegTool.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Trend Micro Anti-Spyware.lnk = C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Tmas\Tmas.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0A5FD7C5-A45C-49FC-ADB5-9952547D5715} (Creative Software AutoUpdate) - http://www.creative.com/su/ocx/15026/CTSUEng.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.goldenram.com/upgradedetect/upg...detect.cab?2578
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=39204
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.5) - http://eu-housecall.trendmicro-europe.com/...ivex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1136596600015
O16 - DPF: {7F8C8173-AD80-4807-AA75-5672F22B4582} (ICSScanner Class) - http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/promotion...canner37510.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {E7DBFB6C-113A-47CF-B278-F5C6AF4DE1BD} - http://download.abacast.com/download/files/abasetup162.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6ACF75C-C32C-447B-9BEF-46B766368D29} (Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package) - http://www.creative.com/su/ocx/15026/CTPID.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WRLogonNTF.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: PrismXL - New Boundary Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lanovation\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYS
O23 - Service: ScsiAccess - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ScsiAccess.EXE
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe

Edited by freespeechforme, 17 October 2006 - 08:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:59 AM

Hello freespeechforme and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. Well, I do not see any signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.

It sounds like whatever file is being downloaded is infected (or being flagged as infected by AVG). As it is supposed to do with files it believes are infected, it deals with it by deleting it or putting it in quaratine. If AVG is dealing with the file then the file is not infecting the system.

Whatever the file is, do not download it again. AVG will not let it be installed so it is an effort in futility.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#3 freespeechforme

freespeechforme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:02 PM

Oldtimer,

Thanks for answering my post. I was begining to think that no one would reply. I tend to agree with you
about not being infected.
I just don't understand why the file was on the mozilla forum.
Real confused about that.
thanks again,
Laura

#4 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

Hi freespeechforme. There are a couple of possibilities. The file could be infected and was not checked before being made available for download or AVG might be falsly identifying the file as being infected. It's hard to say without the actual file. The link shown in the first post didn't go anywhere so I could not download the file myself.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users