Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rurkis

Rurkis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:09 PM

Hey i wondering if this is a good graphics card nVidia GeForce 6800XT?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Silivar

Silivar

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:30 PM

Hey i wondering if this is a good graphics card nVidia GeForce 6800XT?

I'm not familliar with the nVidia brand card, but the GrForce 6800XT is a pretty good card. Performance differs by brand, but it's still comparable.

Whatever the case, it's a good card. Not top-of-the-line or anything, but it's good. It should run most games fine. Depends what you're looking for. If you want a super high-end card, that won't do. However, if you're looking for a good card at a decent price, that'll do fine.

#3 Rurkis

Rurkis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:39 PM

ya im just looking for something to run counter strike and WoW on high detail.....will that do the job?

#4 Silivar

Silivar

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:02 PM

ya im just looking for something to run counter strike and WoW on high detail.....will that do the job?

Depends what resolution you run at, but it should run both of those on max settings at 1280x1024 without a problem. can't give an exact estimate, but it should cut through both of those. At the very least, a very playable framerate.

#5 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:25 AM

Might want to consider the GeForce 7600GS, has more power and better features. Could you give me a link to the 6800XT you plan to buy? You could probably find a 7600GS at the same or lower price. Or on the ATi side a X1650 Pro would out match the 6800XT and probaly the same or cheaper price and offer better features as the Avivo video stuff and the ability to perform both HDR lighting, Anti-alising, and Anistrophic filtering at the same time.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:26 PM

Is it the AGP or the PCIe version? AGP has topped out with the nVidia 7800 GS. After that, if you want more performance you'll have to move to PCIe.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users