Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I Switch?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:01 PM

I have tryed vista i thought it looked nice and everything and beleive it or not it was faster then my xp machine.
well im thinking of putting vista rc1 back on my comp again.should I??
would there be any benifits?
(btw:I am one of those people who always has to have the best and the newest stuff and its driving me nuts not having vista.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:33 PM

See if you can locate a copy of RC2 - it's more stable for me than RC1.

The benefits are that you'll have the latest technology. The drawback is that there isn't much that you can do with it right now unless you're really into playing with all of the new settings.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:09 PM

ok ill try and see if i can get a copy of rc2 and ill help with any questions about vista if i can to anyone who needs help:)(have to wait until tommorow to install vista.)but you know sometin cool i was running windows vista rc1 with 256mb of ram like really fast.what i did was i installed it with 512mb in it then took 256 of it out and it was super fast just no aeroglass effect...

Edit:is there any like differences between rc1 and rc2 besides stability?

Edited by J_pyro_C, 16 October 2006 - 09:10 PM.

#4 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:19 PM

i cant seem to find Microsoft Windows Vista RC2 anywhere on the net every link i click on it takes me to the windows vista homepage wich only has RC1.
:huh: B) :) B) B) :huh: :huh: :) :huh:

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:24 PM

It may no longer be available to the general public. As far as I know, the differences were mainly stability related. One of my bug reports (a STOP error when hibernating) was fixed with RC2.

I recently read an article that said there are 3 things good about Vista:
1) graphics handling
2) file handling and management
3) reliability/error reporting tools
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:09 PM

ok well i guess im about to put rc1 back on my computer,i have found nothing wrong with rc1 yet anyway and i had it for a week or two.

#7 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:57 PM

well i have to wait a couple more days until i can install vista.maybe this weekend but until then im stuck with xp.
and is directx 10 on rc1?or is it just going to be on the final release?

Edited by J_pyro_C, 17 October 2006 - 10:58 PM.

#8 J_pyro_C

J_pyro_C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

hey i got windows vista.can anyone awnser any of my questions in the above post?

Thanks,
Josh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users