Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pcmcia Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Seabeejohn

Seabeejohn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

Just bought a new Dell E1705 notebook. It has a type three PCMCIA card slot. I have a type two GC82 Sony Ericsson PC card that a use to get on the web though my cell phone Co. Is there an adapter that I can get and if there is which one ? Dell can't me. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:25 AM

I'd try Radio Shack, or your local computer/cell phone store. A computer store might have one simply because it's a computer part. If not, ask if they know where you can get one. A cell phone store might have one because they deal with wireless communications. You might need to hit up a larger retail store to do this, but since you go online via your cell phone, they should be able to help you. Again, if the cell phone can't help you, then I'd ask if they know where you can get one.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 Seabeejohn

Seabeejohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:16 AM

Thanks Steve for the reply

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:45 AM

:thumbsup: You're welcome! If you come up empty handed, let us know and we'll try to help you out more!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users