Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Strange Windows Explorer Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ShadowMeph

ShadowMeph

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:28 PM

This is a new one on me when I go into my documents and try to open any media file I receive this error
"Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

and when I try to open add and remove programs I receive this error
"Run a DLL as an App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
I don'[t have a clue why any of this is happening or for that matter how it started in the first place.
All I know is that I it has been going on for about one week. I havn't updated anything and I have run various antivirus scans online and also I ran avast anti virus ,spy bot search and destroy, ad aware se, trend micro anti- spyware, and reg supreme pro, then lastly I have done this sfc /scannow but nonme of this has worked. I was going to try and to repair using the cd but all it asks when I reboot with the win xp pro cd in is if I want to delete windows and reinstall it has no repair on it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fleamailman

fleamailman

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:11 PM

here is a link to security here
- follow the steps mentioned in the link
- if at the end of the steps your computer is still infected the link mentioneds how to have ones system checked by the hjt log reading

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
everyday is a gift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users