Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cheap China android tablet isn't recognized by games and apps

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dumbledork

Dumbledork

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:42 PM

Hi,

I bought a cheap android tablet in China for $75, but a lot of games don't recognize the device or when I search the play store for the games the games don't appear (which they do when I search on PC). It's serviceable for listening to music and playing youtube videos, but I want to play my games.

Is there a way to have the games recognize the device? Maybe rename it somehow to a brand product or some other solution?

Here's the information on the tablet I have:

Model number: T906

Android version: 7.0

Baseband version: MOLY.WR8.W+*+%:MD.WG.MP:V62, 2015/12/23 21:57

Kernel version: 3.4.67

azhuo@azhuo-desktop #1

Build number: KT107H_20170828

Custom build version: KT107H_D2_31PIN_BOE

And here's the information from the ebay seller I bought the tablet from

Item specifics Condition:

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition

Brand: Meco Maximum storage expansion: MicroSD (TF) 64G MPN: 1xSKU946510 Support SIM card quantity: dual card dual standby Operating System: Android 7.0 Touch screen: Capacitive Screen, Multi-touch RAM: :4G DDR3 T Screen Type: IPS Shell Material: Plastic Camera: rear 8 million pixels (with flash), front 5 million pixels CPU: MTK6592, eight cores, clocked at 2Ghz Camera sensor type: CMOS Body Memory: 64G(MAX) Nand-Flash WIFI: Wireless WIFI Screen resolution: 2560 * 1600 Bluetooth version: 4.0 Network mode: Support GSM / WCDMA / TD-SCDMA

Edited by Dumbledork, 10 November 2018 - 12:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 svim

svim

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:05 PM

You stated that you bought this tablet in China but if you're actually using it in China than access to Google's Play Store will be a problem. You might try switching to Amazon's app store, or set up a VPN so you can access the Play Store from another country.

Another thing to be very wary of is a lot of those Chinese knock-offs are manufactured with very bogus components, so it's not uncommon for the documentation listing the hardware (and software -- OS and apps) to be of questionable validity. A typical scenario involves just copy-and-pasting hardware stats from a popular, branded device even though the actual hardware configuration is much more generic and piecemeal, with the installed ROM being sourced from a completely different, conventional model (which results in problematic, general usage and some feature loss).

Of course all this is a worst case situation, yours might be fine. But this still doesn't leave you many options. There is no such thing as a generic ROM that can be used in any Android device, each ROM is specific to the hardware configuration of the model it's created for. If gaming is a necessary aspect, I'd just write this particular tablet off as a lesson learned and buy something more suitable.

#3 Dumbledork

Dumbledork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:58 PM

I bought it from a seller in China. I live in Luxembourg, Europe.

I've looked up other brands and Huawei tablets aren't too expensive. Are they mainstream enough to be compatible with most apps?

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:03 PM

You could see if there's an alternate mod Android available for that tablet, root it, and install it.

Of course, you've got to see if there's a non-stock Android mod that's compatible, first.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#5 Dumbledork

Dumbledork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:10 PM

I don't know anything about modding. Need to look it up.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:52 PM

Look up root or rooting along with your device's make & model as a starting point. You'd have to root before modding anyway & some devices don't have an "easy rooting" method available.

Edited by britechguy, 10 November 2018 - 02:52 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users