Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

4 Beeps on start-up

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 weyax

weyax

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:33 AM

Hello,

Today when I tried to turn my PC on it beeped 4 times, turned off by itself, turned on again, beeped 4 times, ... It went like that in a loop. I managed to turn it off by holding the power button until it stopped doing that.

I searched online and found that i should take my RAM out and pu it back in. I did that and now when i turn the PC on it just goes in a 4 beep loop, without turning off this time.

The screen is off the entire time.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iselisemor534

iselisemor534

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:40 AM

Hello friend, your RAM memory is dead, you will need to buy new one, i am so sorry.

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:50 AM

Run Memtest 86+ from your optical drive; burn the image to a CD or DVD, set your BIOS to boot first from the optical drive, and boot with the disk in the drive. Let Memtest finish, and note any errors in red at the bottom of the screen. I suggest test one stick of RAM at a time if you are running multiple sticks.

To check the beep codes, go to your BIOS manufacturers website and see if they list the beep codes for your BIOS. Beep codes are not always 100% accurate, but any clue you can get as to the cause is helpful.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 weyax

weyax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:06 AM

Run Memtest 86+ from your optical drive; burn the image to a CD or DVD, set your BIOS to boot first from the optical drive, and boot with the disk in the drive. Let Memtest finish, and note any errors in red at the bottom of the screen. I suggest test one stick of RAM at a time if you are running multiple sticks.

To check the beep codes, go to your BIOS manufacturers website and see if they list the beep codes for your BIOS. Beep codes are not always 100% accurate, but any clue you can get as to the cause is helpful.

I cannot Start the pc. i cant run anything.

#5 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:02 AM

Ok, so you can't even boot into virtual?  Have you tried Memtest? If the problem is in Windows Boot Loader, it will restart when it attempts to load Windows. Does it even get that far? Next thing to try is to boot into Safe Mode. If still no help, try to access your BIOS screen by tapping the appropriate key as the computer boots.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#6 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:06 AM

Hi,

Remove the memory and turn on the machine then compare the beeps you get with memory installed or not, the beeps are the same?

Post the brand and model of the machine or the information about the motherboard if its a custom build.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users