Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add a picture to your profile

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FratPark

FratPark

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:16 AM

If you wish to add a picture to your profile it is easy to do so. Just visit your profile and click 'change picture'. Then add a picture from your computer, copy and pasting a image does not work. Here are a couple of sites which offer free photos.

https://www.pexels.com/royalty-free-images

https://www.freeimages.com/

Regards,

FratPark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mary McN

Mary McN

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:55 PM

When I've changed my picture, I've just uploaded it from my computer and clicked "Done" when it's finished. I think that wherever you get it from, your picture mustn't be bigger than 100KB. I got a pop up about this once when I tried to use a larger picture. 

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,886 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:13 PM

100 KB eliminates 95% of the photos on my PC.  Most are 25 MB and up.  The smaller ones I usually get of different sites but not suitable for an avatar.  I change mine from time to time, the mug gets old.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,351 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:45 PM

100 KB eliminates 95% of the photos on my PC. 

It would for mine, too, before I resize them down to "avatar size," which is typically 500x500 pixels, or smaller.  That easily gets most images (or part thereof) that one would use as an avatar to 100KB or less.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#5 Mary McN

Mary McN

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:38 PM

100 KB eliminates 95% of the photos on my PC.  Most are 25 MB and up.

25MB? That seems very large. Most of mine are smaller that that, but would still be too large for avatars without shrinking them..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users