Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Someone Please Help Me, Im Paranoid.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chlwlsgod

chlwlsgod

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:05 PM

Okay I Have orderd 9 items fronm newegg
Item lists

1) APEVIA (ASPIRE) ATX-AS500W-SV ATX12V 500W Power Supply

2) Rosewill RK250 Black PS/2 Wired Multi-media Keyboard

3) eVGA 512-P2-N573-AR Geforce 7900GTO 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

4) SAMSUNG Combo Drive Black IDE Model SH-M522C/BEBN - OEM

5) APEVIA (ASPIRE) X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

6) ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

7) Patriot 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PDC2G3200LLK

8) Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

9) AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4200BVBOX

and I was very happy with it, but than i realized my CPU - AMD X2 socket 939 doesn't math with my Motherboard which it has AM2 Socket........
and I think i should just Refund my motherboard and get different one that matchs with my CPU
but the point is I don't know What motherboard i should get... and I'm not even sure all those items will matchs, give me advices and tell me what should I do.
and one other thing I don't really need SLI on motherboard but I need fast(not 2 fast) motherboard that matchs with my 79000GTO video card, CPU, Memory........
THANK YOU :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:05 PM

It'd be simplest to return the CPU and get an AM2 CPU - all the other components should work with it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:28 PM

An AM2 CPU would also need DDR2 RAM.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:30 PM

I thought that they were backwards-compatible with just plain DDR?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:33 PM

DDR and DDR2 aren't pin compatible. Although an AM2 CPU can work with DDR RAM, few AM2 motherboards have the right slots, and the M2N-SLI doesn't.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:36 PM

Well, that's what I get for thinking! Thanks Mr Alpha!

#7 chlwlsgod

chlwlsgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:05 PM

So, I think i did right thing, I reordered different mother board which is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813131568

but other thing, All of my items are fast enough??
I'm not an enthusasitc gamer but than I want it to be handle any game i throw... Is this going to be an fast computer?

#8 Silivar

Silivar

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:20 PM

So, I think i did right thing, I reordered different mother board which is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813131568

but other thing, All of my items are fast enough??
I'm not an enthusasitc gamer but than I want it to be handle any game i throw... Is this going to be an fast computer?

It's a petty good system. It should be able to handle most games well. With Socket 939, upgradability may be an issue, but the system is pretty nice in its current form. I'm not familliar with that exact video card, but if it compares to a 7900GT, or even a 7900GS, it should be just fine.

Of course, as someone else said, if you feel like spending more, it's worth getting another video card for SLI. if not, it's worth looking into in the future. When you start lagging behind, throw another card in there, and it should pick up well. SLI is becoming pretty popular now.

#9 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:40 AM

From a budget standpoint SLI isn't a very good idea. The 7900GTO is a really nice card, faster than the 7900GT.

#10 chlwlsgod

chlwlsgod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:32 PM

weeeeeee~ awesome
Thank you everyone, now I feel much much better =)
I spent $1,100 and I think its worth it.
someone told me my lists are good setting for $1,100. hehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users