Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 not updating

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BrainSinus

BrainSinus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:25 PM

I haven't been able to update windows 10 for a while and I feel like it might be a virus causing this. Many features don't work and I can't find a solution to my problem. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

My standard advice is follow these instructions for Doing an In-place "Upgrade" to Reinstall Windows 10 Keeping Apps/Programs and User Files

NOTE:  You do NOT need to follow the instruction regarding turning off Secure Boot.  It is superfluous.

That generally fixes issues with Windows Update and a wide range of other ones, too.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#3 BrainSinus

BrainSinus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:43 PM

It's not helping. 

#4 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:13 PM

Is it stuck on restarting? Then you have to use the power button to restart and get back into windows?

If so, I had this issue on one machine and this is how I corrected it:  https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Reset-Windows-Update-Tool-402a3eef

Brian's suggestion is much easier, efficient and faster.

Edited by xrobwx, 09 November 2018 - 01:14 PM.

7581204627.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users