Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

World's Weirdest HDMI Issue *seriously*

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nerdkiller666

nerdkiller666

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:51 AM

So, recently my pride and joy has been having an issue where it will not connect via HDMI despite chaning out the cables for multiple different ones. The HDMI still works for consoles however, so I assume it's an issue with the PC. Luckily, I have another PC so I hook that up and... that one doesn't work either. Huh. I decided to pull out the big guns and carry down another TV. I hook that up to the second PC, and oddly enough it doesn't work, not even with inserting the cable into multiple different slots on the PC AND TV. Lastly, I bring over the original PC...
And that doesn't work either. My mind is blown. I've tried every cable, tried every port, tried every PC and tried every TV. What is causing the issue???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:27 PM

Make and model of your 'pride and joy' please, or if it is a self-built, the main components - mobo, cpu, RAM and especially what video card you are using if it is a separate one. And the OS you are running.

If it is a laptop is the video displaying normally on the screen ? And one possibly silly question - on our main TV you have to select the HDMI input you want to use using the TV controls. Is this set correctly ?

Chris Cosgrove

#3 nerdkiller666

nerdkiller666
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:01 PM

Make and model of your 'pride and joy' please, or if it is a self-built, the main components - mobo, cpu, RAM and especially what video card you are using if it is a separate one. And the OS you are running.

If it is a laptop is the video displaying normally on the screen ? And one possibly silly question - on our main TV you have to select the HDMI input you want to use using the TV controls. Is this set correctly ?

Chris Cosgrove

The absolutely logic-defying thing however is that I've tried this on 3 PCs now with varying specs with absolutely no luck. They all run Windows 7.

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:47 PM

And one possibly silly question - on our main TV you have to select the HDMI input you want to use using the TV controls. Is this set correctly ?

Chris Cosgrove

Considering not computers and no tv's are working would you please answer Chris's question?

Have they ever worked for you, because you did not include that fact, though may have eluded to it saying "recently" in your first post?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#5 misar

misar

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

There is  a wide variation of hdmi "connectability" between PCs and TVs. I have 3 laptops all running the same version of Windows 10. Two (Acer and Lenovo) connect to the TV w/o problems, the third (Toshiba) will not. But I tried the Toshiba on a large professional monitor and it worked OK. 

#6 falcon17

falcon17

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:44 PM

Have you tried updating the drivers for the video card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users