Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Contacts on macbook Air

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 taffyboys

taffyboys

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:04 AM

Good day to all.
I'm new here just signed up few days ago.
I got a MacBook Air 2017 not had it long I came from windows 10.
been having small problem with contacts with sync to my iPhone7. It looks thats okay now but looking at the contacts app on the MacBook when the app is open on the left there are a few items there that not sure about.
All contacts then on my Mac then google is there I only use google for my email.

can't see how to insert an image but this how it looks on the left

All Contacts 

All Cloud

On my Mac 

All on my Mac 

google

All google

Smart groups

Last import

Do I really need those showing there?

Thanks.

David.

ps How to insert image into forums.Please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,098 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:19 PM

BC only allows the posting of images in some of the forum sections and unhappily the Mac OS section is not one of them. To me this seems illogical as almost all the other OS related sections allow it but you can find the complete list here -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/685635/bleeping-computer-forums-that-allow-attachments/

However if you have an image hosted on an external server - Imgur and Dropbox to name but two examples, you can include the URL to the image in any post in any topic anywhere on BC. I think I will bring this lack on the Mac OS section to the attention of the Admins.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,098 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:31 PM

If it is any consolation the attachment of images and other files has now been activated in Mac OS. As much as anything this was an oversight on the part of the forum management.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users