Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless mouse freezing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:58 AM

I hope this is the right forum.

I'm using a wireless logitech mouse and twice this has happened.  When I load the computer the mouse works for a while then the arrow freezes and won't move.  So I change the battery and remove the dongle at the back of the tower before replacing it.  Then turn on the tower and the cursor has vanished.  I've only had this mouse since last month, because I had the same problem with my last mouse (also a logitech).

Am I better getting a wired mouse? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:53 AM

What is the model of this Logitech mouse?

Did this mouse come with a CD for any drivers?

Have you looked in the Device Manager under Mice and other pointing devices to see if there are any yellow warning or red error icons showing?

What is the current version and build of your Windows 10.  You can determine this by clicking on the Search icon in the Taskbar and type in winver, under Best match click on the winver command.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

1OXMxH3.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

4XI2erv.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

R4M1LOj.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:14 AM

What is the model of this Logitech mouse?

Thanks for your reply.  M185

Did this mouse come with a CD for any drivers?

No, only a dongle to put in the back and a battery inside.

Have you looked in the Device Manager under Mice and other pointing devices to see if there are any yellow warning or red error icons showing?

Not yet :)

What is the current version and build of your Windows 10

Not sure, but if i install speccy will that take up a lot of room?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:37 AM

The Speccy doesn't take much room at all, and you can uninstall it after you are finished with it.

In my last post I provided you with instructions for determining the current version and build.  This is important since there have been some important changes made which resolved some of the exiting issues.  Just click on the Search icon in the taskbar, the icon looks like a magnifying glass.  When search opens type in winver, under Best match click on Run command.

Please provide the requested information.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:11 AM

Hi when downloading speccy do i choose the @beeping computer, or the @authors site please?

#6 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:54 AM

@bleeping.

7581204627.png

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:36 AM

Hi when downloading speccy do i choose the @beeping computer, or the @authors site please?

Bleeping Computer belongs to Lawrence Abrams (aka Grinler) who is the editor in chief. He is meticulous in providing downloads that are safe and clean. Either of the two sites will work, I've tried them both.

#8 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:33 AM

How do I unzip speccy please?

#9 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:25 AM

How do I unzip speccy please?

Right click and select "Extract all" from the context menu.   When downloaded from the Piriform site it comes directly as a .exe file.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users