Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions about flash based games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mamerala

mamerala

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:28 PM

Sorry if posted in wrong place.
I have heard that flash will be compeletly stopped on 2020 sooner or later so any flash based site or game wont be playable right or no?

If yes I would to know how diffcult it is to transfer a big game.
Right now i play on stardoll.com they promised to transfer site to be flash free, at time some pages did not need flash till we enable but they were slow without flash almost just freezing my devices and some of items graphic went messed up so we had to enable flash anyway, then later those pages went back to flash only. Im not that good at technical parts but this site count on adding new stuff swf files regularly like weekly for almost 10 years+ so it has really huge number of items and not to mention many pages functions so it seems diffcult to even start as a whole new game without flash or migrating, they wont be able to transfere all memebers data to unlike for example mmorpg its simple to move game to new server and add stuff or change anything then GMs just push account level and add stuff for us as usually items there are not huge. Many of memebers including i tried to talk about it with them but they just tell us they are working on, it has been more than a year since then and they end up creating useless app not related to main site. Although they do have apps for main site linked to our accounts progress but not with full main site functions so i also wonder if they can link data from apps to a new site?
So as i dont know much i wonder if they still have a way or should i just expect it to close?

Will there be any browser or program left to run flash?

I have that same issue with FB game too but that case is already hopeless as i cant even download its files for offline or online for myself and its devs already left and no one can reach them.

The reason i am asking is because both of them are unique so it would be shame to lose. No one was able to find alternative for stardoll, there was i-dress up but it closed already. And for other although its just a clicking game i never saw a good themed one like it.

Edited by mamerala, 06 November 2018 - 06:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:07 PM

You may be out of luck on this. All the main browsers are working to render Flash inoperable in their browsers not least because it is a major source of security vulnerability on your computer. The industry is going over to a standard called HTML5 as fast as it can and developers who wish their games to continue to be operable are required to adopt this standard.

If the developers are not making enough money from the game to cover the required work or have stopped supporting the game (ie they have stopped updating it) then this game is going to become unplayable sooner or later. Flash is, if not yet dead, dying.

Sorry.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 mamerala

mamerala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 07 November 2018 - 03:48 AM

Funny thing stardoll takes huge money of us especially recently and they could take even more if they want and its best there but yea seems like they dont care or they found it too big for them.

But i wonder if migrating process is technicaly diffcult? Maybe they tried but failed since they did do some pages before without flash but they were freezing and graphic went messed up.

Edited by mamerala, 07 November 2018 - 04:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users