Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Bout Dial Up Speed Going Down....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kuya

kuya

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:10 PM

hello,

Dial up speed going down dko po alam kong nanyyari e2. nung una e ok naman 54.6kbps ung speed, e nung nagtagal pababa ng pabba na speed nya.. may 32, 23, at 7 pinaka mababang speed nya...

try ko best ko to troubleshoot, ok nman modem ko.. try ko rin mag internet optimizer(application po un) tapos restart pero ganun pa rin... try fully scan baka may virus o other computer bugs pero wla naman bugs..

Sa ISP(BLAST) Ba e2?

Need help

PS.
PAki move po kung maling portion ng furom ko na post

Edited by kuya, 15 October 2006 - 10:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:43 PM

Pardon me, but can you please translate into a form of standard English? I am sorry, but I can only understand the barest gist of what you have written:

Your dial-up speed has decreased

You have been doing some kind of trouble-shooting

You need assistance

It would also help if you provided some additional details:

What is your operating system?
What you may have been doing when the slow down occurs?
Is the slow down consistent or erratic?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 LonesomeBird

LonesomeBird

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:26 AM

Not sure what the origianl poster was trying to explain, but here is my problem, it has happened 3 times in the last 5 years.

My modem just starts to slow down.

Connection speeds go from 48K - 52K, then usually after 12 - 18 months it drops to 18K-26K, then within weeks it drops even lower 4.9K-9.2K.

I query the modem, change my phone cords, reinstall the ISP software and nothing helps. The only cure is to get a new modem ($30-$50 cost.)

Connection speed then returns to 48K-52K. Until the problem repeats itself. I am on my 4th U.S. Robotics modem and again by replacing the modem the connection speed is "good" (as dial-up can be) again but I would love to solve this mystery......

I will mention I am surge protected and before buying a new modem I reinstalled the older modems and they were still slow. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users