Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspected Facebook hack - is there a keylogger?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 Android8888

Android8888

• Malware Response Team
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted Today, 05:36 PM

Below the article lists  several must-haves that appear to do a similar job - should I install and run these or is MWBAM sufficient?

You have AVG Antivirus installed alongside with Malwarebytes Premium and also the Windows embedded Firewall. This is a very good combined protection layer which should be enough to guarantee your computer protection.

I would not install any further security programs. If you do that, besides not being necessary it will probably slow down your system.

The only thing that may be necessary if needed (I mean if you notice any errors or computer slowness/freezes or crashes), is to add exclusions from AVG Antivirus to Malwarebytes Premium and vice-versa, in order they do not conflict to each other due to their real time protection. Please do this ONLY if you are still experiencing any strange behavior like computer slowness or freezes/crashes (even if temporarily) on your system.

Please read the articles in the following links and add exclusions in both programs:

Antivirus Slowing Your PC Down? Maybe You Should Use Exclusions

How to Run Malwarebytes Alongside Another Antivirus

These are the Malwarebytes files to be added to AVG Exclusions List:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

Also please exclude the following folders too: (The complete folder)

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

the programme that I am having real trouble getting to work is called Encore Pro. Part of it is a database and I suspect that is what the error message relates to.

I'm not familiar with that program. However, I suggest you try to run it again after adding the exclusions on both programs (AVG and Malwarebytes).

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thank you.

Android8888

Proud graduate of SpywareInfo

Member of UNITE - Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Tavira - Here's where I live!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users