Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time Has Changed To Military Time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jankali

jankali

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:04 PM

I'm running Windows Xp pro. I've been working on ridding my computer of the WinAntivurs crap. I noticed last night that my time's changed to military time. I can't find any place to change it back to U.S.Eastern time. I'm sure it's something simple. Can anyone tell me? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:58 PM

Hi jankali, :thumbsup: to BC

To set your time format in Windows XP go to the Start Button then select the Control Panel. In the Control Panel select the option to Change the format of numbers, dates, and times.

Now select the Customize button in the Standards and formats section, notice the legend for the different time formats on the bottom of the window. Now select the Time tab and then click on the drop down menu arrow next to the Time format box. You now have four different time display options to choose from, two are 12 hour time formats and two are 24 hour (military) type formats.

Choose the h:mm:ss tt select to change to the default windows format. Then click on Apply or OK to finalize your selection.

Edited by Ronbo, 15 October 2006 - 01:59 PM.

There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 jankali

jankali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

Thanks! It's all better now! I don't know how it got changed in the first place! Thanks again! Jan

#4 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:04 PM

You are welcome. :thumbsup:

Glad it was something simple to fix but it is kind of odd that the format changed in the first place.

Anyway, see you around the forums. :flowers:
There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users