Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Galaxy S5, Honda CRV EXL, INTERNET

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PDN

PDN

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:29 AM

I could not get internet on my CR-v with usb, bt, or wifi. I tried forever with tethering and data & hotspot.

I called verizon who told me to use Hondalink and I did get internet via Bluetooth.

I since have read hondalink costs so am avoiding it. I cannot reach Honda after many hours on the phone.

Does anyone know if I am going to be billed?  Could you offer any tips to get internet other than HonaLink?

Edited by hamluis, 17 October 2018 - 05:54 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Service Providers - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:05 PM

Your best bet might be to have a word with your local Honda dealer, Or faililng that, see if the car handbook offers any guidance.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:36 PM

Honda of America told me it is illegal and digitally restricted to use internet in an auto in the USA.

He wa surprised about my attaining YouTube and Google as it is not supposed to be possible.

In the 2018's there is an android restriction you can remove by pressing 3 buttons concurrently but the warranty would be voided.

I am all set as android auto and apple carplay work hands free.

I had to wonder why the screen shows google ready to go if it cannot be enabled but the NTSB has the last say..                                  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users