Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Access Webmail

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 donnar

donnar

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

Strange problem with my home network. I cannot access my webmail, even though I can access it from my computer at work (it's on my domain which is hosted at Register.com). This has happened recently, was able to log onto it a few days ago and have made no changes. Here's the story of what has transpired:

Have a Mac G4, running OS 10.3.9. Use Safari and Mac Mail. ISP is Verizon. My domain is hosted on Register.com.

Have always been able to just check my mail by typing mail.mydomain.com into my browser window from anywhere, home, work, etc. I also had all the info set up in my mac mail program and was able to download my mail at home (or log on through browser if I wanted).

This week I realized I had not received mail in Mac Mail program for several days, so attempted to log on through the browser. Once I type the information in, the progress bar goes about a quarter of the way, then just stops. There is no error message. Safari is not frozen. I can stop the action and go anywhere else I want.

I get the same response in IE and in Firefox. I have reset Safari, emptied cookies and cache, flushed the DNS cache. I have restarted the computer, the router (linksys) and the modem. I have repaired permissions and run Disk First Aid.

I have no problem logging into the email from my office.

I have talked to Verizon. They checked the connection had me reset Safari (again) and empty all the cookies, caches, etc. that I had already emptied. They logged into the page from their computer and thus determined it was not their problem. Advised me to call Register.com tech support.

Register.com tech support had me reset Safari (again) and empty all the cookies, caches, etc. (again). They logged onto the page from their computer and thus determined it was not their problem. Advised me to call Verizon tech support.

I'm not new to computers or networks, but this one has me stumped. Any ideas anyone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users