Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A question for american people

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jrod52al

jrod52al

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:29 AM

What do you think about our European Union and where do the actual and next enlargements of new countries lead us?
Ah, my name is Jesús. I think Spain (maybe also Mexico,etc) is the only country where a person is named like Jesus Christ.
Though, it's paradoxical bearing in mind I'm atheist.
Well, I wait for your answers.
Bye

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:32 PM

At least the EU has a decent anthem.
The inclusion of Eastern European nations will certainly help them economically, and seems to have strengthened the rule of law, individual freedom, and democracy which are the hallmarks of civilisation. The inclusiveness will provide a stronger union.
I think the name, Jesus, is common in most Spanish-speaking countries.

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:41 PM

What do you think about our European Union and where do the actual and next enlargements of new countries lead us?

I'm comfortable with it. It seems logical for the nations of Europe to be cooperating among themselves. Economically, it is potentially superior to competition between close geographic nieghbors. Science & Aerospace Technology appear to have become stronger with the advent & development of the partnership. It should have a positive effect on crime-fighting, too. Religious and ideological differences existing within the Europeon Union are not unlike those here in the United States, so I guess you can expect debates about most everything as time goes on. Recognition of individual national issues is also not unlike those found between the states on this side of the Atlantic Ocean, too. Mainly we all can learn from the mistakes done in the past and try to avoid them in the future. :thumbsup: Good question, Jesus
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 19 December 2004 - 01:58 PM

The two most common opinions I've run into on the net are that EU is going to crash and burn because we aren't capitalistic enough or, the most common opinion, that the EU is a non-factor.

Religious and ideological differences existing within the Europeon Union

They are going to get real interesting if Turkey joins, with 40 million Muslims.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2004 - 07:38 PM

i should probly just mind my own damn business and stay out of this thread, but...oh, that would be boring!

i think many of us here in the states are sitting back and watching...waiting...and examining. i have personally heard two views...those that think it's the most wonderful thing since the nfl, and those that think it's an early omen of disaster. for some reason, there doesn't seem to be an in-between. but anyone naive enough to believe it has "nothing to do with us" had best start watching the news, reading the news, or perhaps move to a deserted island where they just MAY escape reality.

the bible mentions a world-wide form of currency to come, and it's being speculated the euro is it, signifying the "end" is near. since it has been a long while since i have read revelations...i will go no further with that thought, not wanting to misquote. and of course, this is subject to believing in the bible, in the first place, which is somewhere ELSE i have no desire to go. everyone is entitled to their own, and since i am often criticized for my "wayward" beliefs, i will be the last to throw a hypocritical stone!

it should be interesting, no matter what, to watch the progression of the EU.

#6 Tweener

Tweener

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 20 December 2004 - 04:28 PM

the bible mentions a world-wide form of currency to come, and it's being speculated the euro is it, signifying the "end" is near

Not to turn this into a religious discussion but (that said he dives in anyway) that's the problem with the Book of Revelations; If there ever seems to be a world wide consensus on anything that might lead to a Everlasting Peace, the Christian Faithful with be scared to death of it and fight to be sure it can never happen, since that would possibly signal the coming of the Beast.

:trumpet: :thumbsup: :inlove: :flowers:
There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary - and those that don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users