Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Vivaldi Browser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 co1615

co1615

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:28 PM

I use Vivaldi as a backup to Firefox. Whenever I update it, it still shows the previous version #. I have uninstalled & reinstalled in the past. Tonight, when I try to uninstall it says I "do not have sufficient access to uninstall. Please contact your administrator." I only have the 1 admin account on this comp. All other programs let me in to uninstall. Any ideas?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:02 PM

From the company and their forum :

Windows Vista, 7 & 8

1. Close all Vivaldi tabs and windows and quit Vivaldi.
 2. Open the Start Menu: Windows 7 & Vista: Click the Start menu > Control Panel > Programs. ...
 3. Click Uninstall a program or Programs and Features.
 4. Select Vivaldi.
 5. Click Uninstall.
 6. Confirm that you want to uninstall by clicking on the Yes button.

If you have problems with this method, the other option would be Revo Uninstaller ..

I normally download it from FileHippo and then install any updates they offer..

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#3 co1615

co1615
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted Today, 04:56 PM

Thanks for the info, Jaycan. I ended up using IOBit instead of Revo. The reviews sounded better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

jenae