Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC boots, will not display signal on monitor and keyboard does not turn on

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iMalibuz0r

iMalibuz0r

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:10 PM

Here's my system:

Asus Sabertooth z87 motherboard

i5-4690k

Gigabyte GTX 970 SLI

Samsung EVO 840 SSD (main drive)

SuperNova G2 750W power supply

Now, my computer was running fine ever since I built it about 4 years ago until now...

Before I begin let me say that it's been raining hard these couple of days here in Dallas and i don't know if there was a power surge that messed the computer up. I was not here during the 5 day period in which the PC 'died', I was out of town so I can't tell you much info regarding that

Issue: No display on monitor

Things I've tried:

Use different monitors

Use different cables. Even went from using DVI to HDMI and vice versa

Removed all components from the PC except for the essentials and tried booting it

Tried booting PC from the on board gpu slot

I've removed the CMOS battery for minutes and nothing

Tried booting with only 1 stick of ram

Removed the CPU and reinstalled it

So when I boot the PC, everything seems to be booting as normal; the fans spin, my GTX 970 cards all light up, my external devices power on (mouse), except for the keyboard?? and yet I still get not signal on my monitor(s).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bg-225

bg-225

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:43 AM

I can imagine that your system could not do away with static charge from the power outage, unplug from the wall and hold the power button of the computer in for a period of time - this will empty the power supply unit which in turn eliminates the static charge. It is possible that you have other problems, this should be tried before all else.

#3 iMalibuz0r

iMalibuz0r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:16 PM

What's a good time to keep on holding the power off button? I've tried for about 2 minutes and nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users