Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashing randomly (after fresh install also)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Soler37

Soler37

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:40 PM

Hello all,

After clean installing windows, I have come searching for professional help.

My pc crashes totally random, it can be during a game and it can be while using the pc as it is.

I'm thinking I have a hardware problem, here are what is needed to be posted.

Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/TqB6B3s6bsmOHFswGaXpmHy

Hopefully, this helps, thank you all for the help, I appreciate it.

Edit, forgot to add that the BSOD I am getting are also kind of all over the place, the last one I got was:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Off to step 5 ;)

Attached Files

Edited by Soler37, 14 October 2018 - 04:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:52 PM

Please follow the instructions in the link below. Make sure to perform the hardware diagnostics shown below as well while waiting for a reply.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Disable the following options if you are using CCleaner or other similar cleaning tools
Memory Dumps
Windows Log Files
Windows Error Reporting

Hardware Diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.)

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#3 Soler37

Soler37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:29 AM

Had a few fails, hopefully, this will lead to fixing the issue;

https://imgur.com/a/DAEO0VI

Thanks for the help :)

Edit: I have added the Sysnative zip  file to top of the post (attached

Edit2:

I have run the CrystlDisk diag tool and came back with these:

https://imgur.com/a/9imjXHn

This is my first time using any of these tools and hearing of such tools to begin with, please bear with me if I did it wrong, i'm quite tech savvy so i'll do my best to post what is needed and rid of my BSOD. Thanks!

Edited by Soler37, 14 October 2018 - 05:18 AM.

#4 Soler37

Soler37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:34 PM

Quick update: researched some about MemTest86 since it gave me errors, I will be running tests individually with each memory card to see if theres any issues connected to just one of them.

Will update.

#5 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,243 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

Yes, please keep me updated on the memory tests after testing individually and in each slot if needed. I also recommend at least 8 passes to confirm. The dump file does not point to anything significant other then memory issues. After you fix the memory issue, you have several possibly outdated drivers listed below. Look for any updates especially the ones in Red. Links have been provided to help find the correct drivers. It is good practice to create a Restore point prior to updating.

AsUpIO.sys Mon Aug 2 19:47:59 2010 (4C57835F) 

AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 02:54:47 2012 (5034AC67) 

asmtxhci.sys Wed Feb 3 23:22:05 2016 (56B2FC1D) 

asmthub3.sys Wed Feb 3 23:22:26 2016 (56B2FC32) 

e1i63x64.sys Fri Mar 4 13:46:29 2016 (56DA0235) 
Intel® Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ 

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Aug 16 05:14:34 2016 (57B303AA) 

iaStorA.sys Mon Sep 26 05:10:41 2016 (57E91041) 
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx XP 

TeeDriverW8x64.sys Sun Nov 19 03:39:59 2017 (5A116D8F) 

nvvad64v.sys Tue Jun 5 03:04:13 2018 (5B16601D) 

nvhda64v.sys Tue Jun 26 01:22:26 2018 (5B31F7C2) 
nVidia HDMI Audio Device (nForce chipset driver) http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx 

BEDaisy.sys Mon Sep 24 06:22:38 2018 (5BA8E51E) 
BattleEye anti-cheat driver[br][br]Initially released on 8 January 2015 http://www.battleye.com/download.html 

nvlddmkm.sys Wed Oct 10 15:33:24 2018 (5BBE7E34) 
nVidia Video drivers http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx[br]Get from OEM for laptops 

intelppm.sys E0024307 (This 2016 (This 2016 (This 
Intel Processor driver http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx also at 

SgrmAgent.sys 4F2A9E0C (This 2016 (This 2016 (This 

SgrmAgent.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed. 

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

#6 Soler37

Soler37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for the info and the update!

Should i go ahead and assume i need to buy a memory stick if one fails while the other one is ok?
Im going to test both in both slots just to rule out the motherboard.

Do you think updating those drivers could fix the problem even though i did a fresh install a few times (and it never crashed) and memory test shows some fails?

Btw the program runs 4 tests by default for me, if i run 4 and then another 4 would that be considered as 8?

Edited by Soler37, 14 October 2018 - 06:03 PM.

#7 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,243 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:52 PM

Yes if it also fails when testing individually that is a pretty good indication of faulty memory model and should be removed or replaced.

You should start with testing with only the good memory module and if it no longer crashes then that will verify that that was the whole problem. However, if you still have issues then I would look at removing those two Asus monitoring drivers since they are not needed. If you still have issues we will try some other troubleshooting methods.

it is imperative when testing RAM with MemTest86+ that you run it for at least 8 passes. This is the minimum requirement to obtain anywhere near conclusive results, anything less is inconclusive and unreliable. The 8 passes must be run consecutively, for example you cannot run 3 passes in one session and 5 passes in another session.

#8 Soler37

Soler37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:03 PM

Thank you for fast response!

What is the difference between memtest86 and memtest86+?

Update:

ran one of the sticks for 4 passes without any fails, i started running the second but canceled and modified it so it would run 8 passes.

Update:

8 passes ran without fail, both sticks ran without fail on one of the slots.

Ran one of the sticks on the other slot - got to 5/8 passes and there were 10 errors so i stopped, I am running the other stick on that slot to confirm that it is in fact the slot.

If the slot is creating those errors even though i tried cleaning it with air compressor, do i just start using the other 2  slots?

Update:

Running the other stick on the other slot and so far no errors, this is becoming harder to determine.

Edited by Soler37, 15 October 2018 - 07:48 AM.

#9 Soler37

Soler37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:01 AM

Yes if it also fails when testing individually that is a pretty good indication of faulty memory model and should be removed or replaced.

You should start with testing with only the good memory module and if it no longer crashes then that will verify that that was the whole problem. However, if you still have issues then I would look at removing those two Asus monitoring drivers since they are not needed. If you still have issues we will try some other troubleshooting methods.

it is imperative when testing RAM with MemTest86+ that you run it for at least 8 passes. This is the minimum requirement to obtain anywhere near conclusive results, anything less is inconclusive and unreliable. The 8 passes must be run consecutively, for example you cannot run 3 passes in one session and 5 passes in another session.

Thing is I always install windows with no problems, I am now certain that it is a hardware issue, problem is that the Memory sticks and the slots are showing different results so I'm going crazy.

#10 Soler37

Soler37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:02 PM

Update: The other DIMM ran on slot #3 and passed all tests. Im now confused.

#11 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,243 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:50 PM

It sounds like that one module is probably bad that is failing on the one slot. Can you test by using only your good Ram Modules and see what happens.

#12 Soler37

Soler37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2018 - 05:18 AM

Update:

My fiance's pc has exact same parts so i switched all of the DIMM's in hers and put it in mine and vice versa, not before cleaning the slots well with a toothbrush and wiping the DIMM's.

I have not tested or anything, but ever since my last post, my pc and her pc are both working without any crashes.

Idk what the problem was, but it's fixed.

Thanks 'coy, ill keep you posted if anything happens.

#13 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,243 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:35 AM

That is strange. Hopefully that will fix everything. If not let us know and will see what else we might be able to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users